• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comic-Con OA/CGC Dinner?

161 posts in this topic

Okay will post info now, I have made a tentative arrangements at a Dallas BBQ at 23rd st and 8th ave for 30 people for 8:00 pm on Friday. The reason i say tentative is that they don't take reservations on Friday's. Here is a link to their website web page for their menu. The food is good and the prices are reasonable, even after a day of buying comics. It is also important that we all try to be their together, as they try not to seat incomplete parties.

Here's a head count thus far:

Steve Borock

Foolkiller

DAM60

silverandbronze

kc120us

Redhook

MutantKeys

Dmac538

Greggy

Thecollector

Burntboy

Solar

rickydan + 2

Drummy

comicartfan

alberto1975

kaluta

esquirecomics

the blob (maybe)

Anyone I've missed?

Hey is BronzeBruce coming??? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Throw me on that list!

I'm down for sure, as is my buddy (and writing partner on Timespell) Russ Colchamiro. Some of you might have met him at the Baltimore dinner back in 2005.

I'm so glad you guys landed on Dallas BBQ.

I love that place.

Most times when the wife and I come to town, we grab about 8 or 10 of our local friends and go there. Always a pleasure when the bill comes in at ballpark $100 to $150 for 8 to 10 people.

(Granted, it's been 3 years since I was there with a big group, so those prices might have changed slightly)

But yeah...great food, great pricing, powerful drinks.

Good time.

I'm going to give Dave Mattini a call and see if he's in.

I'll bet Bronze Bruce is coming.

Okay will post info now, I have made a tentative arrangements at a Dallas BBQ at 23rd st and 8th ave for 30 people for 8:00 pm on Friday. The reason i say tentative is that they don't take reservations on Friday's. Here is a link to their website web page for their menu. The food is good and the prices are reasonable, even after a day of buying comics. It is also important that we all try to be their together, as they try not to seat incomplete parties.

8pm?

I think the con ends at 9pm, so I would make it for 9 instead of 8.

How many people can that room accommodate?

Thanks for doing some leg work! thumbsup2.gif (You as well, Brian! smile.gif)

headbang.gif

Ok i will change the res to 9, which might be better since alot of people come there after work.

Bet it's probably a lot emptier by then... this will be fun!

looking forward to it after a day of scouring the con for stuff.

Here's a head count thus far:

Steve Borock

Foolkiller

DAM60

silverandbronze

kc120us

Redhook

MutantKeys

Dmac538

Greggy

Thecollector

Burntboy