• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG APPLE FREE WEEKEND - LUNCHTIME REPORT!!!

39 posts in this topic

I actually kind of thought that the way Metropolis set up their display with all the dupes was kind of smart. It emphasizes the fact that they have an incredibly large, quality selection of some of the greatest books.

It's a great way to get noticed and promote their business.

chuckyee.jpg

"Did I ever tell you the story of how I discovered the Mile High collection?? One day I was rescuing small children from thugs in downtown Denver, and blah blah blah......."

"I actually kind of thought that the way Metropolis set up their display with all the dupes was kind of smart. It emphasizes the fact that they have an incredibly large, quality selection of some of the greatest books.

It's a great way to get noticed and promote their business."

Metropolis is the biggest most well know player in the high end market, but sure, if they're going to bring the stuff, might as well put it up. You get 10 different price options for your ASM 1. And they're relatively close to Penn Pavilion, about 25 blocks away.

chuckyee.jpg

For those familiar with Yee's booth......

What does the "F" stand for on those comic boxes??????

fun?

family?

funky?

free? 27_laughing.gif

or did he simply only bring his F alphabet books to the show???

Front??????????????foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

I actually kind of thought that the way Metropolis set up their display with all the dupes was kind of smart. It emphasizes the fact that they have an incredibly large, quality selection of some of the greatest books.

It's a great way to get noticed and promote their business.

So Finally someone figured that out .

Like the title of the Bond song " Nobody does it better"

If Metropolis wants to emphasize to the world that maybe these books are not all that rare, putting up multiple multiples on the wall is a good way to do it.

27_laughing.gif ...or that you`re having a hard time moving your inventory.

Yeah, the con wasn't the best ever. But it was free, not too crowded, and it was fun to browse and chat with some of the regular dealers.

I had the true pleasure of finally meeting the infamous Mr. MutantKeys (Danny) in person for the first time. Very friendly guy, easy to talk to

& lots of fun to discuss comics with.

His true passion for 9.8 books (not to be confused with 9.8 labels) is a wonder to behold, and was amazing to see in action. Several times

I pulled a very sweet raw bronze or copper book in the 9.2/9.4 range from a dealer table, and asked what Danny thought of the condition.

He would carefully examine the book...one minute passed, then another...and then he sealed its fate with two words, spoken softly but with

a mix of sadness and pity: "Blunted corners."

grin.gif Great to meet you, Danny! See ya next time! thumbsup2.gif