• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,848 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

We talked about these a few pages back. I have this 80 page giant placed next after 146. Some time ago I went in and tried to place the annual and the 80 page giants in chronological order, so I believe this came out about the same time as 146.

image.png.78c4f7bb60ccdd23c6248be2942164d8.png

My wife bought this copy for me for my birthday one year. I also might add my issue has a bit of the Jekyll/Hyde thing going on. On one hand it has two pieces of tape on the spine, but it also has some nice white pages inside.

scan0228.jpg

2 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Harley again..where would I be without him .. with a lot less good books and art ..

I was looking around for him on the internet the other day and got some very confusing results. I thought maybe i'd check and see what he had to offer these days.

Edited by flashlites

4 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

and some lucky kid named Bates won the art to Chapter 3 .. and then when he grew up, .. well we know what happened to RF in 324.

Wow...The Carey Bates?! He was a Flash Fan from the very beginning then. Yep, he finally made sure old RF got what was coming to him.

19 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

I think it may be my all time favourite comic. Read it to death as a kid. Love it.

DSC05096.JPG

Love this Splash, and the current owner knows it.  Very Cinf. I have always enjoyed his page design. In his bio he talks about going to art school after the Golden age finished and being taught the importance of designing a page. After that his whole art matures and he becomes the great artist we know is so important in the SA and comics generally. Every now and then you see this in his work. In SA or his later bronze work. Lovely balance and symmetry, then throw in his famous Cave's where the Rogue's always lurked, his wonderfully designed futuristic lab for Mr. E. and the future vision of buildings in RF's panel.

3 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Love this Splash, and the current owner knows it.  Very Cinf. I have always enjoyed his page design. In his bio he talks about going to art school after the Golden age finished and being taught the importance of designing a page. After that his whole art matures and he becomes the great artist we know is so important in the SA and comics generally. Every now and then you see this in his work. In SA or his later bronze work. Lovely balance and symmetry, then throw in his famous Cave's where the Rogue's always lurked, his wonderfully designed futuristic lab for Mr. E. and the future vision of buildings in RF's panel.

Thanks to Terry's recommendation I reread my copy of issue #147. I found the story to be excellent, particularly because Mr. Element had no intention of returning to a life of crime, but was compelled to by the Reverse Flash's overpowering will. My copy unfortunately does not live up to the quality of the story contained therein. 

scan0230.jpg

Here’s another share. A couple books signed Mike Grell and Neal Adams for the covers they had some. This is the only flash cover Mike grell did. Had a good conversation with him about it when he signed my book and I picked up a flash bust sketch from him 

77BBFAD6-016A-444B-BA26-0772750B3017.thumb.jpeg.91d5f313380c98102e37020a8ef462c5.jpeg

8 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Here’s another share. A couple books signed Mike Grell and Neal Adams for the covers they had some. This is the only flash cover Mike grell did. Had a good conversation with him about it when he signed my book and I picked up a flash bust sketch from him 

77BBFAD6-016A-444B-BA26-0772750B3017.thumb.jpeg.91d5f313380c98102e37020a8ef462c5.jpeg

Nice. I have found quite a few artists print their signatures these days. I personally prefer them real like these.

On 4/26/2020 at 10:37 AM, SpeedforceKJ said:

I remember buying that 236 off the spinner at the circle K. Those were my prime childhood comic book days, 20-30 cent covers! My allowance was 75 cents a week, so that meant 2 comics and maybe a candy bar. If there was a Flash on the rack that would be my first pick of course, then Justice league or Detective Comics, Daredevil or Avengers would be among my second or third choices. Good memories!