• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,854 posts in this topic

Not high grade, but still a nice book and tough to find.

Flash118.jpg

Not high Grade ? You realize there is only one copy graded higher in the census

and it's 'only' a 9.0 . Nice book. Congrats.

Beat me to it. That's HG for a DC ten center!

Hard to believe the 9.8 hasn't been snapped up. Maybe the market has just pulled back too much for people to afford?

Orrr maybe I just paid to much for it when I was putting my run together..falls under the category of happens. :grin:

Yeah, unfortunately 145, 148 and 149 have an unbelievably large number of 9.8 copies, so if one paid up for them before the Census numbers started filling out, they're tough to move at a profit. I've tried to find out if they were warehouse books of some sort, I'm almost positive 145 and 148 must have been, but have never been able to get any definitive confirmation from any knowledgeable source.

Hard to believe the 9.8 hasn't been snapped up. Maybe the market has just pulled back too much for people to afford?

Orrr maybe I just paid to much for it when I was putting my run together..falls under the category of happens. :grin:

Yeah, unfortunately 145, 148 and 149 have an unbelievably large number of 9.8 copies, so if one paid up for them before the Census numbers started filling out, they're tough to move at a profit. I've tried to find out if they were warehouse books of some sort, I'm almost positive 145 and 148 must have been, but have never been able to get any definitive confirmation from any knowledgeable source.

Actually only 2 9.8 #145, 1 #148 and this was the only one when I first bought it....

Actually only 2 9.8 #145, 1 #148 and this was the only one when I first bought it....

Really? Wow, I`m really losing it. I could swear I`ve seen multiple copies of these books in 9.8 for sale, but maybe I`m thinking of all the 9.6 copies. I can`t believe the Western Penn #148 is the only 9.8 copy.

I picked it up on comic link. It has the blackest cover I have ever seen. It is really nice.

It looked even better when it was lined up alongside its siblings. Since we were talking about 9.8 Flashes and since 3 of them (145, 148 and 149) came from the Western Penn collection, here are some group shots containing those books.

GroupShotFlash-1.jpg

GroupShotFlash2-1.jpg

Tim: Awesome picture! I wish I had the forsight to scan or take a group shot of that run. Those books were truly amazing.

I thought that a few more of them had shots at 9.8 especially the 139, 140 and 141.

The 139, to this day is burned into my memory.

And in case anyone is wondering, no I don't regret letting them go back into the marketplace.

As with most collectors we are only caretakers of our treasures for a brief period of time and our collecting interest do evolve to other things.

Best, Tom