• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,848 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 8:00 AM, flashlites said:

Sorry I did not get to it last night. It nothing amazing, just something I found Flash related at the Big Texas Comicon last weekend. I did not know this magazine even existed, so I was delighted to see this issue from the early 90's with Flash on the cover. Great interview with John Wesley Shipp!

image.png.c737651f1e6770641a22c0f74e0c7f10.png

Cool magazine, but a touch ironic that the fastest man shares a cover with turtles. (thumbsu

On 10/15/2021 at 1:37 AM, Tghutcn said:

Yeah he was I remember reading the story in  the collected greatest flash stories from the 70s or 80s

Has made a comeback and the new version has a shell and is about twice as big and strong as Grodd - some things in Flash never change - others simply get better ;)

On 10/17/2021 at 5:53 PM, Tghutcn said:

I thought I’d post these here I know there not silver age I’ve had them for a while I always liked these covers I don’t know why

6AC67C6D-27C7-4611-8304-7415674FF024.jpeg

90E0BFC2-7470-4CDA-8AD1-D50E2B920285.jpeg

These last 50 issues of the run were strangely some of the most difficult for me to track down locally. I had hoped to find these issues at my local comic shops and pick them up serendipitously as I would have in the old days before the internet. But they were not to be found at any of the many LCS here in San Antonio. Carmine Infantino returned to draw the beloved character he helped create in 1956. Such a great way to end the run. I believe Cary Bates wrote the scripts up to #350? (Double check me on that Flash fans.) Great and classic story line and a fitting end (sadly) to a nearly 30 year run. Luckily I was able to pick them all up from one of you fellow Flash fans here on the boards who was ready to part with them. :cloud9: 

On 10/19/2021 at 5:28 AM, flashlites said:

These last 50 issues of the run were strangely some of the most difficult for me to track down locally. I had hoped to find these issues at my local comic shops and pick them up serendipitously as I would have in the old days before the internet. But they were not to be found at any of the many LCS here in San Antonio. Carmine Infantino returned to draw the beloved character he helped create in 1956. Such a great way to end the run. I believe Cary Bates wrote the scripts up to #350? (Double check me on that Flash fans.) Great and classic story line and a fitting end (sadly) to a nearly 30 year run. Luckily I was able to pick them all up from one of you fellow Flash fans here on the boards who was ready to part with them. :cloud9: 

For me, that was a dark time. The trial lasted for maybe 2 years. As a teen, it really dragged on. I may have an extra copy of some of those issues if interested.

On 10/19/2021 at 1:28 PM, flashlites said:

It seems there is relatively less of them around compared to other parts of the run I live in Britain and have only found a beat up 323 and the 324 and 325 what are good grade it seems there’s less flash of that time available I wonder why 

I was wondering if I had some additional Flash books to share. :bigsmile:  Then it hit me I do have the Superman book with the 4th race against Flash.  I also took a look at some of the other books featuring a race of Flash vs Superman. I kind of like Flash #175, which might feature the best showing of the Flash in the races against Superman.

scan0710.jpg

On 10/26/2021 at 8:04 AM, PKJ said:

Thanks was pretty happy to find the 105. There were a couple other copies on the floor.

105 was soft a few years ago but has been getting back to where it was. up to 3.5 is hotter and 7.0 is strong again but you can still get great books at 4.5-6.5 without breaking the bank - and of course 139 - never have too many 139s, they are like 123s, once you get one, you seem to find reasons to get .. just one more.