• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we know who the member's of the registry are?

105 posts in this topic

I'm on there - around number 51 or so.

Moving the wrong way on the list - better go buy some more stuff!!! devil.gif

I hear ya, I've gone from #78 to #92 in just the last couple of months and I've actually increased my score during that time. tonofbricks.gif

893censored-thumb.gif Edit that...I'm at #93 now frustrated.gif

I hear ya, I've gone from #78 to #92 in just the last couple of months and I've actually increased my score during that time. tonofbricks.gif

Ive noticed that..seems Ive been stuck in the 120s for a while.

Ive noticed that..seems Ive been stuck in the 120s for a while.

Hopefully when they update the next round of registry sets, I'll be able to add the rest of my books and maybe stay on the front page for a little while longer 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

im number 487!!! it would help if i could get some of my books cgc'd. unfortunately, i can't just send them in directly, and don't know anywhere to do it. oh well. my collection pales compared to almost every other one

Cool list...so I thought I join in. Dave Smith (Comicsarefun) checking in at #14-17, depending on the day. I am a comic addict hi.gif. I spend too much money on comics, so I am forced to sell most of them to keep from going broke. I manage to snag a few keepers here and there, but can't get too carried away on a police officer's salary.

I'm fantastic_four, #44. None of my FFs are in there because they're hard to get and I was scairt to give people a map of what I'd likely to be bidding on in auctions. blush.gif Dunno how many points they add up to, maybe 30k-60k, that's a wild guess based upon the points it gives to what I have listed now.

What's up with the "last changed" field--I haven't touched this in ~2 years but it says I updated it under a year ago. Guess they did some kind of data move at that time. confused-smiley-013.gif

Been thinking recently about consolidating--maybe selling or trading my X-Men to get more FFs.

I'll be lucky to grace the top 200 in the next 40 years paying close to $1000.00USD for a copy of ASM#268-CGC-9.9 Double Cover that only scores 75 measly points in the registry. Thing is I'm not shooting for big points myself. Simply the rarest collection of them all. Maybe when I get into my later collecting years I'll see a few of you in the top 100 anyway. That's a possiblility at least.

As far as any other members I could contribute to update the list:

2 of my rivals in the ASM200-300 Set in the registry

Overall Ranking:

#42- EMAN - Eric - Collector (Has a bunch of nice spidey's) Never saw him sell a thing.

#50 SPUNKYDO - John R - A Great guy that I've sold a few books to to push his run in front of Eric - Again major collector - Seems to like Green Lantern more than anything

I guess since the original post was about the top 60 that's about all I can bring to the table. I'm sure with everyone on the board we probably know pretty close to the whole list with just a few ppl being off to the side. If your competing against them in a set chances are you know who they are. Nice books by the way to anyone in the top 60. You guys all have some sick comics! 893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gif

Most of my slabbed books are not in the registry since my tastes are rather eclectic.

Slightly :signofftopic:

I sent in a batch of books for Richie Rich Millions. I was disheartened to learn that one of my file copy submissions received a qualified 6.0 with notation that pages 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 were missing. This is one time where I wish I opened my books for review. I received 2 registry points for this entry. I wonder if that is a record for the lowest points received on a registry entry. hm

I guess since the original post was about the top 60 that's about all I can bring to the table. I'm sure with everyone on the board we probably know pretty close to the whole list with just a few ppl being off to the side. If your competing against them in a set chances are you know who they are. Nice books by the way to anyone in the top 60. You guys all have some sick comics!

I think it is worht expanding on the initial criteria of the top 60 at this point. There's been so much expansion in terms of registry member numbers, and set points for varying member,s. The initial listing of the top 20 almost looks redundant now.

It's amazing when you realize that you need at least 100,000 points just to make the top 27.

I've noticed that my point value roughly equals my collection value in dollar terms. (with some being worth more than their points, some less and some pretty much right on). Does this hold true for others? How about when you reach the 6 digit marks?

Most of my slabbed books are not in the registry since my tastes are rather eclectic.

Slightly :signofftopic:

I sent in a batch of books for Richie Rich Millions. I was disheartened to learn that one of my file copy submissions received a qualified 6.0 with notation that pages 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 were missing. This is one time where I wish I opened my books for review. I received 2 registry points for this entry. I wonder if that is a record for the lowest points received on a registry entry. hm

No, I have received a 1 before.