• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World LA Forum Dinner - Anyone?

18 posts in this topic

San Francisco, NY, Philly, Baltimore, Phoenix. Everyone is planning a dinner, but no one in L.A.???

I have no connections to draw in the special guests like the other cities, but we can still have a great time and show off some comics. So, if anyone is interested, speak up and I'll help organize it.

Wizard World LA March 16-18

Dinner on Saturday, March 17. Suggestions for locations are welcome. So, let's hear it LA people, speak up.

Oh yeah, I'm in. I may drag the wife as well if anyone wants to talk about cake decorating.

I work in Santa Monica, so I'm not too familiar with the downtown restaurants. Here are some I found via Google:

http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=276&ref=576

http://www.ciaotrattoria.com/index2.html

http://www.patinagroup.com/zuccaRistorante/

Or, we don't have to stick to downtown. Hollywood and the Santa Monica are reasonable drives.

Sorry, but since we are doing on-site grading (Moderns Only) I can't commit until I see what kind of workload we have. sorry.gif

gossip.gifAnd everyone beware, Deathlok likes to start food-fights... 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

I can't commit either. Since it's Saturday night I'll be staying late after show hours and processing all of the on-site SS books we'll be getting done that Saturday to ensure they get graded for end of show.

Plus, it's St. Patrick's Day on the 17th and I'm part Irish.

Sorry, but since we are doing on-site grading (Moderns Only) I can't commit until I see what kind of workload we have. sorry.gif

gossip.gifAnd everyone beware, Deathlok likes to start food-fights... 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

You start one food fight, and you're always branded a troublemaker. sorry.gif

So are you in Jeff?

Anyone else? I can't believe this is it for LA, even the CGC staff is too busy???

Not sure yet. My wife sings in an Irish band, and has a gig that night. I might have to tag alone.

bumpit.gif

Ummm, well, we LA folk are a sorry bunch. I can't make the dinner I tried to start (family commitment came up).

However, I will be going on Friday as well and have no commitments. So, if anyone wants to get together then, let me know. Doesn't have to be Downtown either as I have to drive back to Thousand Oaks afterwards anyway.

bumpit.gif

Ummm, well, we LA folk are a sorry bunch. I can't make the dinner I tried to start (family commitment came up).

However, I will be going on Friday as well and have no commitments. So, if anyone wants to get together then, let me know. Doesn't have to be Downtown either as I have to drive back to Thousand Oaks afterwards anyway.

Just sad. flowerred.gif

I am going on Saturday. Probably will be there Saturday Morning. I want to hear the panel on Heroes.

I would have taken my Daughter, but she could only spare a couple of hours since she has a lot of homework, and I wanted to stay long enough to see Gene Simmons @ 4pm. I will probably leave after that.

If anyone wants to get together for lunch after the Heroes presentation, that might work.

Jim

Wish I could make it, but I've got tentative plans to meet Sir Real on Saturday after the Wizard World L.A. I grew up in Santa Monica and go up every couple of weeks.

I can recommend any of the Patina Group restaurants, my friend is general manager of the chain and likes to run a tidey ship. I just recently ate at a new Restaurant on Santa Monica Blvd. and Ocean (forgot the name but they're already famous for their steaks (where the Crocodile Cafe used to be) that was excellent, but a BIT pricey.