• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

FCCPresentsvampi1_27x40movieposter.jpg

Came out pretty nice I think.....

Again let me stress... these are not for sale... if you wish to download the file and pay to have it printed yourself you may. The poster is movie poster sized at 27x40 inches. Frames should be avialable pretty cheap being that it is a standard movie poster size. The file is large and high rez but the link will expire so get them while you can! (thumbs u

Edited by Define999

Ignorant questions.

My LCS just got 20 Vampy magazines.

Besides issue #1 ... can you name 'key' issues to look for?

Or is condition more important that issue number?

(example: any issue in high grade is worth more than issue 45 in mid grade, etc)

Here is one signed by Vampirella's Co-Creator Trina Robbins. I will warn people she does not like signing Vampirella stuff because even though she is the artist creator she had no further hand in it. Trina also does not consider herself Vampirella's creator either because it came from the mind of Forrest Ackerman.

75ad2fd6-b840-4050-a7d9-5f5b1943a7d3_zps645d52ea.jpg

ISSUE #1 (FEBRUARY 1975)

Regular cover - Manuel Sanjulian £0.30

The Origin of Vampirella

Artist - José Gonzalez / Writer - J. R. Cochman

An extended version of Vampirella's origin, with more information about Drakulon and her relationship with Tristan. A slight variant on the Warren origins, both Vampirella nd Tristan approach the spaceship from Earth, and Tristan is killed by the "laser blasts" of the Earthmen.

A completely new (though familiar) origin story for Vampirella. This issue is a real collector's piece if only for a Jose Gonzalez story that was never published in the USA.

Backing up the Vampirella story is a collection of Warren horror reprints; Wolf Hunt (Esteban Maroto/Joe Wehrle, from Vampirella #14), Cry of the Dhampir (Auraleon/John Jacobson from Vampirella #22), and As Though They were Living (Richard Corben/ Gerry Boudreau - from Vampirella #30).

There is also a text only story The Call of the Dead (uncredited).

The text stories were translations of stories from the German editions of Vampirella.

vampi1uk_zps4b1c9647.jpg

Edited by beaumonts