• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

The Vampi 1 in the latest Clink auction just closed for $ 3850 in a CGC 9.0. I had to bow out at 3250 and I'll probably live to regret it... it was one SWEET copy. Hope one of you guys got it. To console myself I picked up a copy of the 5000 print run issue of the 25th Anniversary of Vampirella with the cool Frazetta cover and the silver foil. :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

WOW! And to think I sold at least two 9.0's for $1000 a pop just two years ago! doh!

10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

That 9.0 is in uncharted territory .... I was sure 3250 was a slam dunk. If the 9.2 has good eye appeal I would think 5K plus ... with an emphasis on the plus. Looks like I'll have to settle for a decent 6.5 if I can even find one. The LCS is working on getting a full run but I don't know the grades. GOD BLESS...

Jim, I have a Vampi 1 at CGC that will probably come back in the range you are looking to buy. I'll keep you posted when it gets back. CGC's turnaround times are very long right now, so it may be a couple months.

On 2/24/2021 at 6:19 PM, Randall Dowling said:

One of the greatest tragedies to befall his paintings.  The original was so much better than where it landed, IMO.

Although it's a shame that he repainted over the original, in my opinion the final version is the superior masterpiece. If I ever won the lotto, it would be the first painting I would buy from any artist.

2 hours ago, Darkga said:

Although it's a shame that he repainted over the original, in my opinion the final version is the superior masterpiece. If I ever won the lotto, it would be the first painting I would buy from any artist.

I'm sure there might be some dollar amount that could change their minds, but this one is not for sale. Frank Jr. and the museum don't sell any of the paintings they have. 

I just flipped through a copy of # 12. Gonzalez is one of the best panel artists ever.... but I wasn't prepared for the Wally Wood masterpiece that was also there.... GOD BLESS...

12 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I just flipped through a copy of # 12. Gonzalez is one of the best panel artists ever.... but I wasn't prepared for the Wally Wood masterpiece that was also there.... GOD BLESS...

The Warren run is insane in the high quality art almost every issue contains.  No color necessary.