• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

bb29.jpg

(worship)

WOW....A Rogofsky VG......haven't seen one of those in a while. Gotta love that cover though. Who could've resisted that back in the day. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mick,

Those pre-hero B&Bs are just out of this world! Great covers and even better interior art!

The only adventure series that comes close is ROBIN HOOD & BLACK KNIGHT...love those series.

Bill

Thanks fellers,

Bill, those Robin Hoods are some of the best A&E art there EVER was. Likewise for the Maneely on the Black Knights. In some ways, they comprise a trifecta of mid-late 50s adventure goodness.

Think of it. You get Kubert, Heath, Novick, Andru-Esposito, (hey, sounds like Big-5 war!) and hop on over to Atlas so that you can get some Black Knight eye-candy from Maneely (who did loads of Atlas war in his own right). Stunning stuff all around.

Don't know about you other folks, but I sure wouldn't object to Bill posting a few Black Knights or Robin Hoods. . .or at least a thread link to a related Silver Age thread. Go Bill !!

Since we are on the topic of my favorite Silver Age team -- Robert Kanigher's SUICIDE SQUAD...I thought you guys might enjoy this!

One of the best and friendliest artists out there is Mr. Neil Vokes. This gentleman has indulged my Silver Age fanboy fancies with this spectacular rendering of the original DC Suicide Squad vs. that terrifying, but often misunderstood, Charlton beastie: GORGO.

Gorgo-SS-sml.jpg

This sure would have made a great cover if DC and Charlton ever did cross-over team-ups back in the early 60s. I love the touch with Big Ben in the background...a nice tip of the hat to the GORGO film.

Bill