• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

Hi, guys (and any possible girls lurking...)! I am new to the Silver Age market, as I've always avoided it due to a dislike for Ditko and Kirby... Here recently however, I have really started to get into DC Silver, namely the Brave and the Bold! Like I said, I just started, but these are mine, and I love them...

BraveandtheBold019-01.jpg

BraveandtheBold0221959-03.jpg

BraveandtheBold0231959-05.jpg

BraveandtheBold0341961-03.jpg

I am LOVING Kubert's art! How in the world did I manage to ignore it for over thirty years of collecting?!?!????

brave_bold_60_small.jpg

Sorry for the crappy scan, it's the one from the auction. Sorry also that I can't agree with the grade listed on the bag, but it's still a pretty copy of a somewhat tough book

My first post in this thread. I have always been a Brave and Bold fan but never really collected them in decent grade. I took a chance and bid on several B&B lots in an online auction. There was no description and only a small cover scan with the book in a bag to go on. They weren't steals but decent enough prices.

I have to admit after getting them and going through them - they are some of the soundest books I have seen - structurally, bright cover colors and gloss, supple white pages for the most part. they aren't prefect with some spine tics and such but they sure feel good in hand. I was pleased. Here's a group shot with a few individual pics.

6730e6c1.jpg

fadb3217.jpg

c1725601.jpg

47fe8dd6.jpg

6271cd0f.jpg

No postings on this thread for months? :whatev:

Here is my completed collection of the 10¢ Suicide Squad issues...

Now on to the 10¢ Cave Carsons :banana:

:luhv: Suicide Squad...Kanigher...Andru & Esposito...ahhh.

Here's some Cave Carson for ya!

BB_31.jpg

Hey, you know this ain't the New X-Men reading room!I I'll post scans of my Cave Carson and Suicide Squad books next week and give you that many more reasons to like me.

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat