• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

Those Kubert Hawkman issues are some of the best comics ever made. I always had a soft spot for Viking Prince too. When is someone going to post their NM copy of B&B 24....? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don't know about a 9.4, but Beaumonts just posted a nice one here...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3899938#Post3899938

Despite the fact that I have been actively exiting the SA DC market (no, really, I have been), I couldn`t pass up the opportunity to add this back to my collection recently. Of all the books that I`ve sold in recent years, I probably regretted this sale the most, so I jumped at the chance to get it back.

BB34.jpg

Despite the fact that I have been actively exiting the SA DC market (no, really, I have been), I couldn`t pass up the opportunity to add this back to my collection recently. Of all the books that I`ve sold in recent years, I probably regretted this sale the most, so I jumped at the chance to get it back.

BB34.jpg

Great looking book Tim. :applause:

BB34.jpg

Astounding copy that would be worthy of attention of even the most reluctant SA DC expat. I love that book. I've had my own raw copy for nearly 20 years. Kubert's Hawkman work (all of it) is amongst the most exquisite and vibrant in ALL of comics history. It's been reprinted a hundred billion times and for good reason.

BB34.jpg

Way to go, Tim. I'd have to be in dire straits to sell that book. GOD BLESS...

BB34.jpg

very pretty

BB34.jpg

very pretty

If you look real hard, you can see the Batmobile in the "SLOW DOWN" lane. GOD BLESS...

BB34.jpg

Astounding copy that would be worthy of attention of even the most reluctant SA DC expat. I love that book. I've had my own raw copy for nearly 20 years. Kubert's Hawkman work (all of it) is amongst the most exquisite and vibrant in ALL of comics history. It's been reprinted a hundred billion times and for good reason.

Thanks Mick. I`ve always loved the cover to this book, from the blue background to Kubert`s fantastic drawing, and the Western Penn copy is simply the nicest copy of this book that I`ve ever seen. I owned the Winnipeg copy too at one point, and not only was it structurally inferior (CGC ended up grading it as a 8.0) but it wasn`t as fresh or vibrant as the Western Penn copy.

Not in one thread, but if you assemble a bunch of Linmoth`s different posts together, you sort of get the basic story. He was going to provide more info, but then said he was saving it for the SA Pedigree book, which I`m guessing will come out about 10 years after the GA Pedigree book, which means my as of yet unborn grandkids should really enjoy it.

Not in one thread, but if you assemble a bunch of Linmoth`s different posts together, you sort of get the basic story. He was going to provide more info, but then said he was saving it for the SA Pedigree book, which I`m guessing will come out about 10 years after the GA Pedigree book, which means my as of yet unborn grandkids should really enjoy it.

If they can manage to spare the time from their college studies lol GOD BLESS...

If they can manage to spare the time from their college studies lol GOD BLESS...

lol You're on a roll today Jimbo!

Those Suicide Squad issues are tough in any grade. The CGC census reflects this:

#25 10 in Census, Highest Graded 9.2

#26 3 in Census, Highest Graded 7.5

#27 9 in Census, Highest Graded 9.2

Congrats on some great books.