• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

Had this for a few years, but only just recently got a scanner for CGC, so here goes:

bnb20.jpg

What a beauty. :headbang:

Compare this to a book I received as a gift from a friend of my mother-in-law several years back. Brave and the Bold pre #25, can be very tough to find in grade, so I'm not complaining. I at least have a copy. :)

BB_20.jpg

Had this for a few years, but only just recently got a scanner for CGC, so here goes:

bnb20.jpg

Compare this to a book I received as a gift from a friend of my mother-in-law several years back. Brave and the Bold pre #25, can be very tough to find in grade, so I'm not complaining. I at least have a copy. :)

BB_20.jpg

Agreed. Definitely tough in grade. If they DO come up, they typically go for something I can't afford, but in the case of the #20, it was the right price. Love all the first 24 B&Bs. Been trying to piece those together for more than 20 years in nice shape. A little more than 2/3 of the way there!! That was the first hole I was able to fill in more than 7 years!

bnb20.jpg

I agree! She most certainly is.

:luhv:

Here are scans of five more of my Brave & the Bold issues:

01-08-2012112714PM.jpg

01-08-2012112717PM.jpg

01-08-2012112720PM.jpg

01-08-2012112722PM.jpg

01-08-2012112726PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

Probably my fav. Silver Age book:

You actually like it so much you're keeping both copies?

Here are scans of five more of my Brave & the Bold comics:

26-08-2012104652PM.jpg

26-08-2012104656PM.jpg

26-08-2012104659PM.jpg

26-08-2012104702PM.jpg

26-08-2012104705PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

Been working on upgrading a lot of my B&B's I either bought new, or had since childhood. I just got the last 100 pager I needed today (all my original copies were well loved and are now treasured readers.)

While these are not quite Greggy nice, this is a nice little run of some really great books. They are so underappreciated. Some of Aparo's best art and the absolute best set of reprints of any 100 pager set IMO.

So I present, B&B 112-117:

bb112.jpg

bb113.jpg

bb114.jpg

bb115.jpg

bb116.jpg

bb117.jpg

Nice Giants!

When I first started collecting comics again in 1979, I set out certain parameters to limit the scope of my collection. One of them was Giant avoidance! I was soon tempted into bending my rule by the first Flash Annual and the two Secret Origins Giants for which I had a lot of nostalgia. Then came the rest of the Flash and Justice League Giants and then the Brave & the Bold Giants. Now of course I pick up any DC Giants that look interesting including Superman, Batman, Romance, etc.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

What do you guys think of the B & B #1 8.0 selling for (just) $2620? Considering the next highest graded is a 7.0 and one just sold for $2271, I thought it would go for quite a bit more. hm

Maybe there's a downturn in the B&B collecting market. Overnight, they've become worthless dreck. :devil:

What do you guys think of the B & B #1 8.0 selling for (just) $2620? Considering the next highest graded is a 7.0 and one just sold for $2271, I thought it would go for quite a bit more. hm

I've said this in another thread with complaints about sales. Apathy. Too many auctions, too much product.

PIicked this up in Chicago at Wizard.

braveandthebold39001.jpg

Tim, you really collect some cool stuff. Nice copy. 8.5 ?

I really have not sat down and assigned a grade to it yet. I usually get a second opinion on my books from board member Ark before they go into the vault, never to be seen by human eyes again. lol