• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

1) Is any of the "lightness" on the cover of the "BB's Christmas Funnies" actually on the cover, or is that on the surface of the slab? I've got a number of high grade Dell Giants and early Four Colors, some of which have that sort of sporadic cover wear...I'm guessing the comic above is clean in that regard and these 'blemishes' are on the slab?

2) How about a "Ho-Ho-Have A Cigar" thread in the Comics General area, for Xmas holiday covers from all eras? I've got a Holiday Comics #5 with L.B. Cole Christmas cover that I'll post when I get home...

1) Is any of the "lightness" on the cover of the "BB's Christmas Funnies" actually on the cover, or is that on the surface of the slab? I've got a number of high grade Dell Giants and early Four Colors, some of which have that sort of sporadic cover wear...I'm guessing the comic above is clean in that regard and these 'blemishes' are on the slab?

2) How about a "Ho-Ho-Have A Cigar" thread in the Comics General area, for Xmas holiday covers from all eras? I've got a Holiday Comics #5 with L.B. Cole Christmas cover that I'll post when I get home...

Yep, it's on the slab. Didn't notice it before, and now that I've seen it, it's driving me crazy. Damn you for pointing this out!!! grin.gif

On #2, sure, let's start one. I have some cool unslabbed Christmas books to post.

I picked up this bad girl at Sunday's Sacramento Comic Con:

terrifyingtales14g.jpg

I get it home and find... 893whatthe.gif

rulah.jpg

Lets see... panther fu, bondage, racists depictions of black folk, scantily clad women, and a girl fight... ALL ON ONE PAGE!!! 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

All that's worth price of admission alone.

howdy pov! hope all has been well with you! Yeah i have fallen way behind in posting finds, a couple more to go, but i got tired of scanning... tongue.gif

how many of thosse hooded menaces have you seen? I find it hard to believe its that tough if i have one & metro has 3 at this moment confused-smiley-013.gif

howdy pov! hope all has been well with you! Yeah i have fallen way behind in posting finds, a couple more to go, but i got tired of scanning... tongue.gif

how many of thosse hooded menaces have you seen? I find it hard to believe its that tough if i have one & metro has 3 at this moment confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, Hooded menace is not on my pre-code horror checklist, but am familiar and would probably cross-genres and buy one - yet I honestly don't recall seeing one in well over 8 years of cons. Mighty nice find there.

As far as Metro - well they have three Cap America 75's but just too pricey, in my opinion, for the grades. They did send me good, large scans of all of them. Had a really fun and extended chat about pre-code horror with one of the folks there too. Not dissing them - just guarding my wallet!