• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

Ok guys, the rest of the books I will "show off" are Timely's, naturally! Here is arguably the best Schomburg-war cover of all, certainly one of my top 5, All Select Comics #1. Mine is an 8.5

Timely.

I love that cover because of the heroic, symbolic scale. The massive figures smashing the doll's house Nazi castle- Schomburg was amazing.

Banner,

There was a large 2 x 3 ft. poster made of the classic Capt Amer #37 Schombourg cover. Part of a series of 3 Timely posters (All Winners, Human Torch) issued around the mid-80s. Makes a great display. cloud9.gif

The posters were actually reproductions of cover recreations (without the logos) that Schomburg painted. They were Captain America #37, All Winners #11 and Marvel Mystery #66.

Beautiful posters. I regretted not buying them when they came out and then got a set on eBay about 6 months ago from the guy who original had them done.

Now If I had only been smart enough to buy one of the paintings way back then.

ECFANMAN

Ok, here is my last pic of the night. This is a truely rare book. Not only that, it IS the MILE HIGH COPY, Marvel Mystery Comics #89. Not too many people ever get to see a Timely Mile High.

Timely

280905-Marvel89.jpg.6671618b8d95e1d47bb75d31db64decc.jpg