• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

I'm very pleased to have such an early Superman in nice shape.

Ken

The design is simple yet elegant. The line is crisp and the sentiment truly heart-felt. What a glorious cover and a sharp copy. Ken, your buying choices always earn you an A in my book! (thumbs u

Just got my books in from Heritage today and had to crack this one out. CGC 8.5 with just the cover cleaned and white pages. This book is gorgeous in person and would have gone for much more money if not for the slight professional restoration. I'm very pleased to have such an early Superman in nice shape.

Ken

superman12.jpg

NICE!!! :golfclap::applause:

Just got my books in from Heritage today and had to crack this one out. CGC 8.5 with just the cover cleaned and white pages. This book is gorgeous in person and would have gone for much more money if not for the slight professional restoration. I'm very pleased to have such an early Superman in nice shape.

Ken

superman12.jpg

Again Ken what a magnificent book! Congrats!! (thumbs u :applause:

Thank you everyone for the positive comments on this book. I really like it a lot and am starting to be more open minded to golden age books with some restoration if the price is right. This copy has all the attributes I like in a book. Now if only I could find a buyer for the Sensation Comics.....

Ken

Ken

superman12.jpg

wow, that is a beaut!

gator

Ken

superman12.jpg

Wow! That's gorgeous! :applause:

Here was my only major purchase at the SDCC a few weeks ago.

BlackCatMystery50.jpg

Way to go Filter!

If you check the CGC census, you'll see there are several certified high grade copies of this book....but they virtually NEVER are available for purchase!

:golfclap:

Steve

Thanks!!!

From what I heard in San Diego, there was actually a little mini-find of this book a while back so it wouldn't surprise me if a few more high grade copies show up on the census at some point as well. But as you mentioned its very hard to find one that is actually for sale! (Probably a combination of being so undervalued in guide and having such a neat cover.)

I wasn't planning to buy anything expensive in San Diego but I've wanted a copy of this comic for a while, this copy looks great, and the price was right. So I couldn't pass it up. Now I have to figure out what to sell to make room for it in my collection!

Beautiful book.

There are a bunch of Harvey File copies, just like the rest of the run, which is why there are other high grade copies. Doesn't matter though, demand WAY outstrips supply.

My pulp grail has been secured!! Compliments of Steve Wyatt at the Chicago Con. Thanks Steve!

mm0118-2.jpg

:applause:

GREAT COPY of a nice pulp Bill!! One of the best of all time.

(wow, people have been picking up some incredible material lately! I gots to get to one of these cons one day!)

My pulp grail has been secured!! Compliments of Steve Wyatt at the Chicago Con. Thanks Steve!

:sumo: and you didn't bring it to dinner!

Yeah, we had to get along with only seeing Bill's 'Tec 27 and Bats 1 :insane: