• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

I just made a deal to get this personal mini grail :banana:

Sorry Sean don't hate me...... :sorry:

I'm not concerned. JJBEE has a way of uncovering Jumbo 31s. Plus, one of you will sell me a copy at some point.

I'm down to my last copy - a coverless one. meh

Actually I was away from home and didn't have my checklist with me. When I set my snipe I forgot to look at the picture (drunk ebaying) thought I was setting a snipe for a trooper book....the book I thought I was bidding on was America's Best Comics #5....oops. Still I won this book for well underguide.
:applause:

Actually I was away from home and didn't have my checklist with me. When I set my snipe I forgot to look at the picture (drunk ebaying) thought I was setting a snipe for a trooper book....the book I thought I was bidding on was America's Best Comics #5....oops. Still I won this book for well underguide.

Drunk auction sniping has never worked out for me, but it looks like you came out ok (thumbs u

When I looked this up in Overstreet, it shows four variants. As the label says, this one has "Knockout overprinted in indicia". I almost wish it was unslabbed, so I could look inside, but I don't feel like cracking it out.

Is this the first variant cover in comics?

Actually it's like a "reverse-variant" - the cover is the same on all of them, but the insides vary between the versions.

My daughter just recieved this a few days ago.

captainmarvel51.jpg

That's a nice copy!

Was it one of the books from the warehouse find?

Thanks!

She got it from mr.schomburg in one of his FS threads.

This book arrived today. My first comic with Frazetta art inside and Schomburg on the outside :cloud9: Maybe not his best work, but Frazetta nonetheless.

Exciting59FN-1.jpg

Angelo

Edited by TheWatcher