• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

I've been outbid on this personal grail a number of times, so when this beauty popped up on eBay I finally sacked up and hit the BIN (which was very reasonable) within minutes of it being listed. I suspect if I hadn't, somebody else would have for sure. So now I'm broke, but I have this to show for it. :headbang:

AmazingStories1928-08fcsm.jpg

:applause:

I held a complete run of high grade early Amazing Stories in my hands for the first time last week and they are amazing ;) The owner isn't ready to part with them but they are splendid.

Congrats on the quick BIN. (thumbs u

BTW, this is my first bedsheet-size pulp - I knew they were big, but this was much bigger than I expected. I don't have anything to store this in properly. doh! I know some of you collect these - what size mylars do you use? Playboy? Sheet Music? Help!

Jeff

BTW, this is my first bedsheet-size pulp - I knew they were big, but this was much bigger than I expected. I don't have anything to store this in properly. doh! I know some of you collect these - what size mylars do you use? Playboy? Sheet Music? Help!

Jeff

I keep mine in magazine size plastic bag I think, not in mylar. Here are a couple. The DFW is from January 1941 -

47446-AstoundingMarch1942.jpg.f75e5f88eed0959f824db3e113829f07.jpg

47447-DFW-Jan1941.jpg.37c0e1e5be483067ee131679b3e09c5c.jpg

:applause:

I held a complete run of high grade early Amazing Stories in my hands for the first time last week and they are amazing ;) The owner isn't ready to part with them but they are splendid.

Maybe you need to learn to run faster. hm

Three more babies for the collection. I'm posting them now because they're going to CGC as soon as they arrive. :cloud9:

Adventure35.jpg

Adventure38.jpg

Adventure39.jpg

CONGRATS!!!! :golfclap:

i actually just made an offer for the 35 that was declined by frank.

he tells me its unrestored with tape on the interior.

a very hard book to find in decent condition.

well done my fellow adventure comics collector :grin:

B.

Jeff

I keep mine in magazine size plastic bag I think, not in mylar. Here are a couple. The DFW is from January 1941 -

I would like to read that. Hitler comic.

I've been outbid on this personal grail a number of times, so when this beauty popped up on eBay I finally sacked up and hit the BIN (which was very reasonable) within minutes of it being listed.

AmazingStories1928-08fcsm.jpg

Congratulations, Jeff. :applause:

As you already know, that cover is one of the most iconic in all of pulp's history.

Outstanding Ronaldo. Congrats! :applause:

And JJBEE, congrats to you too on those sweet Adventures. I was wondering when someone would pull the trigger on those. Those issues probably won't be available again anytime soon.

Edited by RareHighGrade

This one just arrived today! :cloud9::cloud9:

A big thanks to the great guys who sold it to me (AKA Rick and Adam) (thumbs u

Tec1.jpg

Congratulations!!!! (worship)

Tec1.jpg

Nice pick up Ronaldo...Sweeeeet! Thats one DC I would love to own, in fact other than MoreFun 53-71, the Tec 1-26 run would be next. Of course I would have to finish my Timely run's first.....I need to buy a lotto ticket.

Congratulations, Jeff. :applause:

As you already know, that cover is one of the most iconic in all of pulp's history.

Thanks, BZ! Contents aren't too shabby either - 1st Buck Rogers and 1st "space opera" (Skylark of Space). (thumbs u

Jeff

Cool pulps! :applause: So this would have been on the stands late 1940. France, of course had fallen to Germany that summer and the Vichy regime was in place. Have you read the "Hooded Men of France" story? Just curious was the premise was.

Jeff

Tec1.jpg

There really aren't a lot of books that drop my jaw...but this is certainly one of them.

Congrats! :applause: