• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Here is a comic I've been looking for at a good price with the right eye appeal. Now it's in my collection after all these years :cloud9:

spirit22.jpg

Congratulations...I was happy to get my copy, but I wouldn't say I paid a "good" price...more like 3X lol But worth every penny.

Here is a comic I've been looking for at a good price with the right eye appeal. Now it's in my collection after all these years :cloud9:

spirit22.jpg

Congrats!!!! :applause:

I just love that cover :cloud9:

Ya know... for Halloween you could get yourself a blue suit and a mask and get Sheena a red dress and a dagger...

spirit22.jpg

Congrats!!!! :applause:

I just love that cover :cloud9:

Ya know... for Halloween you could get yourself a blue suit and a mask and get Sheena a red dress and a dagger...

hm

spirit22.jpg

Congratulations...I was happy to get my copy, but I wouldn't say I paid a "good" price...more like 3X lol But worth every penny.

This book always sells at multiples of guide in any condition. Wonderful buy (worship)

Billy , that cover is really cool.

:golfclap:

thank you sir, and here are the rest of the cheslers [with her included down toward the bottom].

cheslers.jpg

Now that is a freaking cool set of books that you don't see every day.

Arrived today.. :cloud9:

Action 61 is one of my favorite Superman covers...and that is a pretty copy. Congrats!

Mark, great books! :applause:

The Secret Agent X-9 FB is a gorgeous copy! Do you have the two Cupples and Leon style Secret Agent X-9 books from 1934? If not, you might want to add them to your want list - Dashiell Hammett and Alex Raymond. (thumbs u

The Large Features are great books. I only have one, the Tarzan one, but that's a run I'd love to work on one day.

I've seen a couple of different versions of these Popeye linen books on ebay over the last couple of years. I'm not sure what to make of them either or how scarce they are. IIRC, they are more like illustrated storybooks, right? I want to say I saw one that folded out accordian-style, but I mght be wrong.

Jeff, I do have one of the X-9 books you mention, but I need to check which one.

I'm not surprised at all if the Popeye book is not in the OS Guide b/c I agree with you wholeheartedly as to your description. Definitely more like an illustrated storybook than a comic book as we know it.

I recently picked up some very early GA Tracys.

"It's Christmas time in Hollis.....Moe?"

Buttock, you never heard of the infamous Hollis Moe pedigree collection? 10x Guide routinely. :whistle:

It was a failed reference to this Christmas classic. Sorry about the ad, I couldn't find it on Youtube.

;)

Jack, the Tracy books are listed in the 2007 OS Guide on page 554. They are the Large Feature Comic #1 (1939), #4, #8 and #11.

The Lone Ranger book is listed on page 703 of the 2007 OS Guide. It is Large Feature Comic #3 (1939).

Definitely not books you see everyday! (thumbs u

Really cool books. No, it didn't occur to me to look under "Large". Why are two Large Feature books listed 150 pages apart?

The difference in the page #s only refers to the fact I looked them up under "D" and "L" respectively. Similar to how Four Colors are listed. You can find those books in the Guide both under FC and their specific title.