• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

This is my book in the near future. Basically got a agreement set today, but no time frame.

I origionally thought VF/NM, but I think VF pages are white, untouched super crisp and clean.

Here is a pic taken today on my kitchen counter. Had fun geeking with a friend of mine, these are currently his books.

Tec10Myfuturecopy.jpg

YOWSA

nice acquisition Mr. S!! Does your friend need more friends? :wishluck:

I can't count it mine yet, but he did say it would be mine someday....I hope soon :wishluck:

This is my book in the near future. Basically got a agreement set today, but no time frame.

I origionally thought VF/NM, but I think VF pages are white, untouched super crisp and clean.

Here is a pic taken today on my kitchen counter. Had fun geeking with a friend of mine, these are currently his books.

Tec10Myfuturecopy.jpg

YOWSA

nice acquisition Mr. S!! Does your friend need more friends? :wishluck:

I can't count it mine yet, but he did say it would be mine someday....I hope soon :wishluck:

Nice!! :applause::o

Tec10.jpg

Tec10Myfuturecopy.jpg

Cool Paul. Thanks for posting pics. CGC might go 6.0/6.5 with those corner creases on that Tec 10 :makepoint: Nice eye appeal otherwise. Love the green/purple logo which was not used to often in that color combo with many Pre-Bat Tecs....What other books does your friend have? hm I see that Tec 33 on the left side :shy:

Tec10.jpg

Tec10Myfuturecopy.jpg

Cool Paul. Thanks for posting pics. CGC might go 6.0/6.5 with those corner creases on that Tec 10 :makepoint: Nice eye appeal otherwise. Love the green/purple logo which was not used to often in that color combo with many Pre-Bat Tecs....What other books does your friend have? hm I see that Tec 33 on the left side :shy:

You only think 6.0/6.5mmmmm.....I can see that, but if you saw the whole book and then look at say this one...

Batman.jpg

I would say VF easy, but then I have held the book in hand.

PS...I can't see you with a Pre-Bat Tec in your collection Paul...not in your realm ;)

I can see it in my collection, it was in my house today! Not now :(

I actually really like the pre hero tecs, and its a run I would love to have. Some books just call out to you!

PS...I can't see you with a Pre-Bat Tec in your collection Paul...not in your realm ;)

I can see it in my collection, it was in my house today! Not now :(

I actually really like the pre hero tecs, and its a run I would love to have. Some books just call out to you!

don't do it - a difficult collection that will drive you to distraction. :frustrated:

Tec10.jpg

Tec10Myfuturecopy.jpg

unfortunately, while the book might "feel" like a VF, technically, with a hard/small color breaking cr bottome right, and the 4 longer/lighter scratch creases? top right (unless those are not on the book), and the spine stress, this book might push 7.0 cgc wise, with a little bump coming from the white pages!...

but, what is cool, is that they are "free" , so they are what they are, no need to speculate as I suspect they will remain free!

Wow sweet books you had a chance to drool over there Mr. S

That Tec 10 is sweet, but unfortunately I have to agree with Rick on grade. :(

Regardless though, it’s not like 7.0 pre hero Tecs with white pages grow on trees. A book I would love to have in my collection :cloud9:

Now lets see a pic of that showcase 4 (thumbs u

..... no not you Steve :baiting:

Got this back from CGC just before Xmas. Second highest graded copy behind the Mile High. Davis Crippen "D" copy. Brought this from a New York dealer back in 1996. This was one of the original "stolen" "D" copies that came out in the 1990's. Never had it graded until this year. According to the dealer, the person that sold him the book was in his late 20's, last name was Crippen.

Very nice, copy Taro90. :applause:

When did you hear that the name of the dealer's source was Crippen? Back in 1996 or recently? If you heard it back in 96 then it might indicate that one of the family members was doing the selling and not just the "renovators."

I told by the dealer when the news of the entire collection of the "D" copies came to the market in 2006. So, it was recently. When the collection first surface it was only called the "D" collection. No one at that time knew who amass the collection. The person who sold the collection to the dealer where I got the "D" books from back in 96, didn't give any info as to where he got the books from.

Regardless though, it’s not like 7.0 pre hero Tecs with white pages grow on trees. A book I would love to have in my collection :cloud9:

A 7.0 would be second highest census copy.

Some fun books arrived today

mm0181.jpg

mm0182.jpg

Wow, nice books!

Apparently "hero falling backwards to the lower right" is your collecting theme this week.

Fearless Flint is Harry Peter again, right? I thought that he was Man O'Metal at first glance.

I wonder how the writer decided on a flint character.

Great pages you posted, with sparks flying off Fearless Flint!

Jack

OK, not mine once again....but my kitchen...so does that count?

Showcase4.jpg

Tec10.jpg

Stunning copy! Your friend has some great books! (worship)