• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Nice book, but holy smokes, what a price tag! It sold on Heritage for $750 less than 3 years ago, and went for almost $1800 on eBay yesterday. The other Adventure for sale yesterday (#34), which was also from Heritage pretty recently, had an even bigger % move, up from $500 something to $1500 something. That consignor to Silver Age Comics has to be thrilled.

Given the new market prices, I have to decide if I want to sell any pre-Sandman Adventures.... hm

(Just kidding, swapto, don't flood me with PM's) :)

Congrats!

Nice book, but holy smokes, what a price tag! It sold on Heritage for $750 less than 3 years ago, and went for almost $1800 on eBay yesterday. The other Adventure for sale yesterday (#34), which was also from Heritage pretty recently, had an even bigger % move, up from $500 something to $1500 something. That consignor to Silver Age Comics has to be thrilled.

Given the new market prices, I have to decide if I want to sell any pre-Sandman Adventures.... hm

Congrats!

CM, I know you have missed a few meetings, but Swapto is done with Adv...he is selling them for a new "adventure"/direction...but, maybe ronny?

CM, I know you have missed a few meetings, but Swapto is done with Adv...he is selling them for a new "adventure"/direction

Really? I think he was the $1500 bidder on the book yesterday, and I think he bought a #37 recently as well (which went quite high given that it had like 6 inches of spine splits, although it had exceptional eye appeal). I'm not actively looking for stuff now (my job's been unbelievably busy), but I've kept some of my old eBay search e-mails and watched the recent Adventure sales.

To be fair, all these record-breaking prices in U.S. dollars are much cheaper when viewed in foreign currencies. And as a guy holding a bunch of these books, I'm personally thrilled that there are now robust bidding wars for them. As there should be. Those books are super cool.

CM, I know you have missed a few meetings, but Swapto is done with Adv...he is selling them for a new "adventure"/direction

Really? I think he was the $1500 bidder on the book yesterday, and I think he bought a #37 recently as well (which went quite high given that it had like 6 inches of spine splits, although it had exceptional eye appeal). I'm not actively looking for stuff now (my job's been unbelievably busy), but I've kept some of my old eBay search e-mails and watched the recent Adventure sales.

To be fair, all these record-breaking prices in U.S. dollars are much cheaper when viewed in foreign currencies. And as a guy holding a bunch of these books, I'm personally thrilled that there are now robust bidding wars for them. As there should be. Those books are super cool.

I'll defer to bennos to chime in, but as of this past week, he informed me he was selling all his Adv to concentrate on "bigger" fish :)

Congrats!

:o Win! You can't do that to me! I think my heart skipped like three beats

I am shocked at how much both these went for as well. I had committed to winning this book no matter what, so a ridiculous snip was set. When I saw what I won it for I was pretty shocked.

Double guide seems to have become the norm on unrestored pre hero Adventures. Any other opinions? (shrug)

I'm personally thrilled that there are now robust bidding wars for them. As there should be. Those books are super cool.

(thumbs u

ok, you all have convinced me...I am throwing my hat into the Pre Hero Adv arena....starting out by offering 3x guide for any book....back off people, there is a new sherrif in town lol

:jokealert:

When it gets here, I think we need to have a mini geek session :wishluck:

Still need to see your cracked TEC 18 too!

:applause: You better believe it!

Can't wait to go to the show tonight! Maybe I will bring the Tec 18 hm

Sheena is coming with me

Edited by Socratic Wonder

My first Flessel....same that 10x fast!

Thanks to Swapto!

Adv29.jpg

Haven't seen this one very often!!!

That little circular window reminds me of the one in 'Tec #18. A guess Flessel liked those types of windows. Probably has one in his own home!!!! hm