• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

First off, GREAT scores, Bill!!! MORE FUN 56: :takeit::baiting:

Secondly, had a great day out in Yorba Linda w/ the gang mentioned by Steve above ... was a please to finally meet RHG (and see one of his magic books).

Steve scored large!!! I missed seeing the Blue Beetle, looks like a beauty book.

I refrained from purchases, after a rather heavy week plowing through ebay material. But there was a LOT of nice stuff, I would have had no problem spending money if I had any to spend. Terry put on a nice show!!

Was great to have lunch with the gang, geek-out , and catch up on some much needed comic talk. Thanks guys!!

Ditto! It was a great day spent with some amazing GA collectors (thumbs u

Here is my two books I got out at Terry's Con!

I had a killer 5.0 Mystery Men #7 in my sights but the dealer had a change of heart about selling at the last minute. Can't blame him that book is just awesome :cloud9:

VictoriaBridge001.jpg

Great books! That More Fun is a very rare one. IIRC the print run at that point was about 10,000 per issue. And I love the Exciting. Looks like a little of Steve's glossinator rubbed off on it!

I had a killer 5.0 Mystery Men #7 in my sights but the dealer had a change of heart about selling at the last minute. Can't blame him that book is just awesome :cloud9:

VictoriaBridge003.jpg

great books....you "almost" got it....STEVE must have taught you the glossinator technique, but he didn't quite 100% reveal his trade secret :baiting:

VictoriaBridge001.jpg

VictoriaBridge005.jpg

VictoriaBridge003.jpg

Yikes, that Exciting 4 rocks :headbang:

Ronaldo, are you serious??? Man, that bites. Well, I don't blame him either. Wish I had pulled the trigger now. The one that got away!!

Were some really quality books up for grabs at that con ... was fun just to get to see some of the books up close.

Ronaldo, are you serious??? Man, that bites. Well, I don't blame him either. Wish I had pulled the trigger now. The one that got away!!

Were some really quality books up for grabs at that con ... was fun just to get to see some of the books up close.

Unfortunately I am serious! I was so sad :(:cry:

VictoriaBridge003.jpg

great books....you "almost" got it....STEVE must have taught you the glossinator technique, but he didn't quite 100% reveal his trade secret :baiting:

Well he showed me the first step but I wasn't comfortable rubbing Vaseline on my books to complete the process

VictoriaBridge005.jpg

Congrats on the nice pick-ups, Ronaldo.

Exciting 4 is one of my favorites.

Interestingly we both have copies with almost identical defects.

exciting4.jpg

Is it possible that all of them had that same water stain?

VictoriaBridge003.jpg

Well he showed me the first step but I wasn't comfortable rubbing Vaseline on my books to complete the process

Now mind you that is the only time he isn't comfortable rubbing Vaseline on anything!

Nice books Ronaldo!

I get a lot of my GA from a collector friend...and he always asks me to post pictures here...I'm kind of shy about posting books, but I like to post them, in order to thank my friend. MOST of these were from him, but not all, and some I've had for a while...also I realized that a few are ending on Ebay tonight (I need to pay for something else;) So, I'd better show the picture FAST, while I still have them:)

So this is to share with you guys, but also for my friend Richard:)

Here is the shot, Richard:) Hope you like them:) Pictures aren't too good, but the books are charming of course, thanks for helping me obtain them, I always appreciate your help!

action211.jpg

action211a.jpg

actoin211b.jpg