• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,418 posts in this topic

That Superboy....he's such a joker:

DSC_0755-1.jpg

What's with that image on the backside of Superboy's adversary? Subliminal images? Was Wertham right?

I don't think that count as subliminal. How about "blatant"?

Jack

DSC_0755-1.jpg

DSC_0756-1.jpg

This is why you read your GA comics! lol

Issue number?

Thanks,

Jack

sb6.jpg

Thanks. That's got to be a tough issue to find! Has DC published an archive of the early Superboy issues?

Surprisingly Good Girl Art cover for what was (I thought) supposed to be a kids' book. Is the hot redhead Lana Lang? Most of the Superboy artists drew her much younger and "leaner" at that time, right?

Al Plastino (Pencils) Bob Oksner? (Inks)

I'm still puzzling over the physics of Superboy charging himself with electricity by rubbing his fingers together.

Jack

In case no one here ventures into the signature area. This arrived today as I returned back from vacation. Lovely pages and the gold signature is awesome. :banana:

WeirdScience-Fantasy29CGCsig70-J-3.jpg

WeirdScience-Fantasy29CGCsig70-June.jpg

WeirdScience-Fantasy29CGCsig70-J-2.jpg

That book makes me really jealous. (worship)

Impressive (thumbs u ...the master's signed masterpiece! Congrats!

GE

DSC_0755-1.jpg

DSC_0756-1.jpg

This is why you read your GA comics! lol

Issue number?

Thanks,

Jack

sb6.jpg

Thanks. That's got to be a tough issue to find! Has DC published an archive of the early Superboy issues?

Surprisingly Good Girl Art cover for what was (I thought) supposed to be a kids' book. Is the hot redhead Lana Lang? Most of the Superboy artists drew her much younger and "leaner" at that time, right?

I'm still puzzling over the physics of Superboy charging himself with electricity by rubbing his fingers together.

Jack

It's not Lana, she wasn't introduced till number 10, and on the cover till number 11. From issue 1 till 18 many covers were scenes not related to the stories inside. The cover on issue six is one of my favorites of the whole run. Those girls really capture the style of the time, although Superboy stories were *supposed* to be from the thirties at the time.

sb6.jpg

It's not Lana, she wasn't introduced till number 10, and on the cover till number 11. From issue 1 till 18 many covers were scenes not related to the stories inside. The cover on issue six is one of my favorites of the whole run. Those girls really capture the style of the time, although Superboy stories were *supposed* to be from the thirties at the time.

HAH! Bobby socks and jeans -- hardly 1930s style!

The girls' sight lines are a little jarring for a kids' book, especially the brunette's, but I suppose I'm one of Wertham's "children who know how to look".

Jack

thanks to sacentaur STEVE for this little trade we did in SD this past week...it is my first Mile High Funny pages :cloud9:

fp34mh-1.jpg

Beautiful rare book Rick. What did you have to trade to Steve to get this?

a sweet little Fox Wonderworld book... but, it was a mutually beneficial trade :cloud9:

(thumbs u :angel:

thanks to sacentaur STEVE for this little trade we did in SD this past week...it is my first Mile High Funny pages :cloud9:

a sweet little Fox Wonderworld book... but, it was a mutually beneficial trade :cloud9:

Post it Steve, we want to see it.

:popcorn:

actually, steve did post it in a thread post SDCC (freshly cracked from its slab)...however, I don't recall where hm

Talk about coincidence! Here we are talking about Wonderworlds when I get a package in.

So I open it and what do you suppose was inside?

wonderworld8.jpg

And it is the Allentown copy to boot! Big Big Thanks to RHG! (thumbs u

Talk about coincidence! Here we are talking about Wonderworlds when I get a package in.

wonderworld8.jpg

That is BEAUTIFUL.

Allentown is one ped that I do not currently own but would love to. Congrats!

wonderworld8.jpg

Glad you were able to find a reader copy!

wonderworld8.jpg

(worship)That book is so pretty, it's almost enough to make me want to start collect high grade stuff;)

wonderworld8.jpg

(worship)That book is so pretty, it's almost enough to make me want to start collect high grade stuff;)

It is such a great cover. I love those crazy spider looking vehicles.