• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Some recent courtroom and espionage GA acquisitions:

RealClue7.3.jpg

Now, THAT's a funny cover!

"...YOUR SECRET GOVERNMENT PROJECTS..!!"

Jack

Strangely enough, my wife says this to me all the time! lol

Does it make you spill your drink?

Jack

After much hullabaloo, I ended up with this from my recent consignment golden age sale. What a classic....a great yellow green peril cover.

mysteymen10.jpg

:takeit:

It would look so nice next to my 31. That way I could have BOTH a yellow and a green peril

scan0073-1.jpg

Both books are from the same collection too....with the piece of paper stuck onto the interior back cover. Pretty cool.

One of the best Mac Raboy covers of the Golden Age.

Quality was abundant in the Fawcett publications.

Shhh. Don't tell anybody. Move along Timely collectors. Nothing to see here.

All newly slabbed.

974649_003.jpg

Highest graded :headbang: Just 4 copies on the census.

974649_002.jpg

974649_001.jpg

the MF 58 is one of my Favs, too (thumbs u

Me too Gator. And a 6.0 is right in the old wheelhouse :applause:

This book needed to be posted separately. Most people on the boards likely know that our consummate collector Mr. Billy Parker is a fellow counselor. But did any of you know that his court-room exploits were once captured on the pages of a comic book!

Well, it's true, I finally found the issue about Billy's most famous case and client!!!! :grin::baiting:

MrDA12.jpg

I used to own the CGC 7.5 copy of this book. I never did crack/read it, though. The cool cover is all I saw.

I read it last night. Not a bad story actually. The fairness shown by the DA was quite refreshing. Doubt it happens much anymore sadly.

Has anyone ever listened to the old radio shows of this program?

Some recent courtroom and espionage GA acquisitions:

RealClue7.3.jpg

Now, THAT's a funny cover!

"...YOUR SECRET GOVERNMENT PROJECTS..!!"

Jack

Strangely enough, my wife says this to me all the time! lol

Does it make you spill your drink?

Jack

No, I can't say that I've even been attacked by foreign or US Govt agents - yet! :cool:

All newly slabbed.

Highest graded :headbang: Just 4 copies on the census.

974649_002.jpg

Great books...I especially like this one.... :headbang: Congrats...

Early Rangers are great. Once the war ended... meh.

Here is the elusive origin issue of Wonder Woman. This is a much more difficult issue to obtain than the Superman 53 and Batman 47, the origin issues for the two other DC iconic characters of the Golden Age. I have always loved the book.

76909.jpg.9f199a1b8b9765a4caff322ce741f73d.jpg

Here is the elusive origin issue of Wonder Woman. This is a much more difficult issue to obtain than the Superman 53 and Batman 47, the origin issues for the two other DC iconic characters of the Golden Age. I have always loved the book.

That's a good image of WW and, for whatever reason, I've always like the use of the photo album in the background.

WW 45 is a good one, and that is a great copy...I have to take slight issue with your analysis, though, and state that of late (might not always have been this way) Bat 47 is a tougher book to obtain...now, even saying that, Bat 47 is only elusive due to higher demand it has...and Supes 53 is the most 'available" of the 3 (always seems to be 5-10 copies available)...but, I have found that if one is not too picky, WW 45 is fairly readily available (there are almost always more issues of WW 45 available for sale in the market than Batman 47)...doesn't make it any less desirable, of course (thumbs u

This book needed to be posted separately. Most people on the boards likely know that our consummate collector Mr. Billy Parker is a fellow counselor. But did any of you know that his court-room exploits were once captured on the pages of a comic book!

Well, it's true, I finally found the issue about Billy's most famous case and client!!!! :grin::baiting:

MrDA12.jpg

I used to own the CGC 7.5 copy of this book. I never did crack/read it, though. The cool cover is all I saw.

I read it last night. Not a bad story actually. The fairness shown by the DA was quite refreshing. Doubt it happens much anymore sadly.

Has anyone ever listened to the old radio shows of this program?

I found a review of this issue here. So how does good old Mr. Parker fit into this?