• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

I had the good fortune of pulling up to the house today at the same time as the USPS truck.First book out of the box was this.

catman20.jpg

I was thinking/hoping for a 6.0 when I submitted it,since the highest on the census is a 5.5 :banana:

Sweet sweet book :cloud9:

Hey Gator....wasn't their a Catman 20 at Megacon this year? Where you selling it or did Dale Roberts have it? I think it was a 4.0 though but still sweet and I thought about grabbing it :devil:

It was a 4.0. Sold almost immediately when I got home to a board member and had another rather well known buyer standing in line for it...

there you go (thumbs u

:acclaim:

Just arrived from Dale Roberts out in Kentucky. His grade: 6.0-6-5. However, there is a 1-inch size tape in the upper right --visible only from the inside front cover and tape in the upper left corner; slightly visible though I didn't spot it from his scan. I know this isn't a grader's forum, but perhaps golden age and Batman collectors could help me arrive at the grade. Thanks--PS--I like the book.

79585.jpg.0e0cfd28934bd2c1608d07a94f59a150.jpg

My newest aquisition. I love the patriotic war covers. Colors are much deeper on the actual book.

Ken

national25.jpg

Stunning book! I had the good fortune to see several early Church Nationals raw once upon a time :o I was at Bedrock's place when he had just purchased a small batch of them.They were equally stunning and I'll never forget it to be sure.

Just got this bad boy in the mail today. It has taken me years to find a nice copy in my price range, and I could not be happier with it! Definitely one of the tougher issues from the Cole Blue Bolt run.

Big props to Adamstrange for...

1) pointing out the auction to me (worship)

and, after I had purchased it,

2) pointing out that it's an unlabeled Bethlehem! (worship) (worship)

It's nice having friends in the hobby who know more than I do.

com25.jpg

That is nice!

Thanks. I just cracked it out and it's much brighter raw that in looks in the scan.

Outstanding! Glad everything worked out! :applause:

I had the good fortune of pulling up to the house today at the same time as the USPS truck.First book out of the box was this.

catman20.jpg

I was thinking/hoping for a 6.0 when I submitted it,since the highest on the census is a 5.5 :banana:

What a book Russ (worship)

Just arrived from Dale Roberts out in Kentucky. His grade: 6.0-6-5. However, there is a 1-inch size tape in the upper right --visible only from the inside front cover and tape in the upper left corner; slightly visible though I didn't spot it from his scan. I know this isn't a grader's forum, but perhaps golden age and Batman collectors could help me arrive at the grade. Thanks--PS--I like the book.

To me the tape would drop it down to the 4.0 to 4.5 range but hey...that's just me hm

catman20.jpg

Congrats Russ....Awesome book! :applause:

it is a rare book none the less...maybe the current owner will chime in and give us some details, as I might be totally remembering it wrong

Sorry guys, I've been in Vegas all week :devil:

Anyway, I bought Dale's Catman #20 and grateful to him for working out a deal with me. Seeing the book in a fresh mylar, I was quite pleased. The issues were in reference to muted cover colors (appears brighter in scan) and a slight spine roll (more visible in profile than in a 2-D scan). Similar wear around staple as seen on Russ' copy.

3509189660_ca2bb49cb6_b.jpg

Can't hold a candle to Russ' outstanding 6.0 but it's a decent VG-ish copy of a tough book I'll be proud to own. Sent it to CGC last week... :wishluck:

Dino

Two more:

jumbo127.jpg

jumbo79.jpg

I'm now down to 12 more for the 68-130 Sky Girl run. These two were liberated saved from the detrimental humidity of Houston for the comic-friendly climate of Sacramento. Thanks Richard!

it is a rare book none the less...maybe the current owner will chime in and give us some details, as I might be totally remembering it wrong

Anyway, I bought Dale's Catman #20 and grateful to him for working out a deal with me. Seeing the book in a fresh mylar, I was quite pleased. The issues were in reference to muted cover colors (appears brighter in scan) and a slight spine roll (more visible in profile than in a 2-D scan). Similar wear around staple as seen on Russ' copy.

Dino

Another copy,and I thought they were somewhat rare lol Good luck on the sub Dino,it sure looks nicer than VG to me (shrug)

Well I haven't posted a new book in awhile so I am taking the time to post somebody else's book. Yes, I have been wanting a copy of this book forever. Yes, I got sniped with 3 seconds left. Yes, I feel like cross checking somebody in the teeth. Oh well, at least the Red Wings won tonight.

should have bid more... :cry:

972ZXRANGERS15.jpg

Can't hold a candle to Russ' outstanding 6.0 but it's a decent VG-ish copy of a tough book I'll be proud to own. Sent it to CGC last week... :wishluck:

Dino

Nice book D...and the classic covers keep rollin to GE :)