• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

I wasn't really in the market to buy one of these...but the price was right and it is really nice to have an original.

ItRhymesWithLust.jpg

Great book. Baker was at the top of his game drawing Rust throughout that one.

I agree with you on this. There is so much detail in the panels on this book. Just a little bit ahead of it's time, a shame it wasn't more of a success when it was first published.

Edited by JvR11

Ok, I've been lurking forever, but today I finally decided it was time to get off the fence and start talking to you fine folks. :)

I've been collecting GA for about two years now, I'm completely obsessed but fairly picky with what I'm buying. Not really a stickler for high grade, I'm good with VG's to FN's. I wanted to post this one though, I lucked into finding it, and it's definitely the book that started me down this path...if it wasn't for the chip along the top edge....ah well...

ExcitingComics39.jpg

Excllwnt choice! And welcome to the discussion :applause:

Welcome to the Boards :hi:

What a great first GA book!

enjoying getting some of my favorite ec covers. thanks to to a boardie for this 'un.

vault-1.jpg

Love that cover...Thats the first EC I ever bought...cover detached, tanned to , and probably won't ever sell it... I love the B Mo add at the back while they all look at the hanging arm..

Edited by Twistty1

Ok, I've been lurking forever, but today I finally decided it was time to get off the fence and start talking to you fine folks. :)

I've been collecting GA for about two years now, I'm completely obsessed but fairly picky with what I'm buying. Not really a stickler for high grade, I'm good with VG's to FN's. I wanted to post this one though, I lucked into finding it, and it's definitely the book that started me down this path...if it wasn't for the chip along the top edge....ah well...

ExcitingComics39.jpg

Excllwnt choice! And welcome to the discussion :applause:

Welcome to the Boards :hi:

What a great first GA book!

Great book, chip or not...nice!

When I saw Pinky's name, I expected to see a drawing of her and Leather Tuscadero locked in furious automotive combat with the Malachi brothers...then I remembered that Happy Days didn't exist when this was published....

Seriously though, I'd going to imagine that Mr. Scarlet is actually the kid on the cover...if you do that, it makes Pinky's mustache seem that much more questionable...