• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

These are all magazine sized aren't they?

They are all golden age comic size.

Right, regular sized. Large Features are oversized (but only black and white interiors)

Got it. Still pretty cool!

Valkyrie! :luhv:

That, btw, is the Crowley copy. For those keeping score, it was originally an old-label book graded cgc 9.2 with off-white pages.

AirFightersV22FC.jpg

Any idea how it lost its designation? If it can be proven to CGC, I'll resubmit it to get it labeled accurately.

I'm pretty sure I purchased the book off of ebay as a slabbed copy (see my scan below from a long time ago). My recollection is that I cracked it out of the old label slab, later acquired the Church copy and then re-submitted it -- which is the slab you have now. If that's correct then it would just have been some notation in the ebay auction or some other certificate, neither of which would be easy to find after my various moves in the intervening years. :sorry:

The good news is that it's a nice copy of a really, really cool book. Having two copies of that issue never weighed heavily on me. :cloud9:

AirFighters2v5crowley.jpg

I'm pretty sure how the copy got to Mr Bedrock so it wouldn't take long to verify it's the same.

As I'm looking at my old scans, it looks like it was re-submitted back when they were doing the original labels, not the large number label it's in now. That means the Crowley designation may have been lost by me on the re-submit. :tonofbricks: