• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

I managed to win this one last night on ComicConnect. It went a little higher than I hoped but not nearly as high as I feared.

Anyone else bidding last night find the CC web site to be very slow? It's never been fast but never as slow as last night. It might have been my own connection that was the problem, though.

air1.157a.jpg

I managed to win this one last night on ComicConnect. It went a little higher than I hoped but not nearly as high as I feared.

Anyone else bidding last night find the CC web site to be very slow? It's never been fast but never as slow as last night. It might have been my own connection that was the problem, though.

air1.157a.jpg

Spoon! That's nice... blinding colors!

air1.157a.jpg

I think the scan is a little hyped. It should still be really nice but I don't think that color of yellow is going to be there.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that copy. Scan colors are amped a little but it's a heavy gloss cover with very bright colors to begin with. The Church copy should be smoking.

Not the biggest book out there but I've been searching for this one for a long time and finally snagged it yesterday. This is the only copy I've seen anywhere so I'm glad to have it on it's way! (pic is from seller's ebay listing, hence the panel shot too)

$_57.JPG

Great covers on those Cole comics but is the interior story original?

11313866614_9caf17063f_c.jpg

As far as I know it is, but it hasn't arrived yet. Your copy looks great! Much better cut than mine. That's the only other copy I've ever seen! I have all of those others though. Great Film Stars #1! I caved and bought the one on Metropolis a few months ago. It came as advertised, even if it was a bit musty.

Your Speed #43 is stellar, BTW! Love the rainbow robot of death!

air1.157a.jpg

I think the scan is a little hyped. It should still be really nice but I don't think that color of yellow is going to be there.

The scan isn't hyped. That book is killer. Verzyl had it available for a few years for a price just above what you paid. Congrats Jeff (thumbs u

Courtesy of adamstrange. Freshly reholdered.

Speed17804x1280_zps69f965df.jpg

Glad it ended up in a good home (thumbs u

:o

That makes this a Church/Bedrock/Strange Book! A true collector's dream!