• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Bang, bang, Prada on my zipper, now I'm feeling jipper, I'm jipper, I'm jipper

Heritage mailed it to me before I paid :o

MysteryMen3.jpg

Woot!

Maybe to even things out, I should start paying them for books I didn't actually win. hm

MysteryMen3.jpg

Woot!

Maybe to even things out, I should start paying them for books I didn't actually win. hm

:signfunny:

Haven't posted in awhile, but here's some recent acquisitions, special thanks to TSP99, Mikephoen, and October... I thought I'd save time and put them in one group shot..I'll try to get some individual shots up later on..

3A002470-E957-4814-8572-4A89D7B83605_zpsl2h4vk08.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

MysteryMen3.jpg

Woot!

lol

Wow, I'd love to know what trade books it took to pry those beauties from him.
pretty sure a new Mutants 98 is involved hm

lol

House of Secrets #92 CGC 9.0 and this beauty. This is my second big trade in recent months, and it's great to acquire a cool book or two without having to outlay a bunch of cash. Randall was great to negotiate with, and we both seem to be very happy with the deal...

batman9.jpg

lol

House of Secrets #92 CGC 9.0 and this beauty. This is my second big trade in recent months, and it's great to acquire a cool book or two without having to outlay a bunch of cash. Randall was great to negotiate with, and we both seem to be very happy with the deal...

batman9.jpg

Looks like both parties made out very well and are happy.

Great looking Batman 9 Jeff :applause:

and Randall got one of the, if not THE, best Superman cover of the run

Awesome books gentleman!! Love the Fox, the group shot is spectacular, and the high grade DC's that included ALL TIME sups and bats covers!!!! Lets not forget that sweet and I mean sweet copy of All Star #8!! :applause:

Not even in the same ballpark as some of these recent acquisitions but I think its hanging around in the parking lot waiting to get in to cheer on the big guns...My personal favorite of the Cat-Man covers

25131618089_0690eb590c_c.jpg

Great Batman 9 and that's a pretty sweet Catman 2-- I love the bust up drawing of him in the upper left corner which makes up for the fact that the figure on the cover is seen only from the back (I don't know why they did that so often in the Golden Age).

Nice colors on both.

lol

batman9.jpg

I'm very happy with the deal. It was time to rehome the 9. I've enjoyed it for many years and now it's Jeff's turn. I will miss it, though. That was the second copy of that book I have ever owned. The 1st came from a stash an old farmer had brought in to a comic book store I frequented. A raw (obviously) 5.0 or so. Over 30 years ago, my 1st wife considerately tore it nearly in half during an argument. Cold blooded.

That "stash" the farmer brought in had Batman #52 back to #1. There were 2 #3's, 3 #2's and (Gulp) 3 #1's in that bag. All raw. All Bat-books. The owner egged me on all the way to the bottom of the bag. I could not believe it. I got the 9 for $60. The store owner was elated about that bag. She offered me one of the #1's - my choice - for (drum roll) $3000. Which is likely what she paid for the whole bag. I didn't have $3,000 as a 20 year old kid and no access to $3,000. Now, 33 years later, I don't have $100,000. War stories, I guess.