• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

Here's two fave GA Batmans I maybe haven't posted, or haven't posted in a long while at any rate! Unusually nice ones for me.

(Interesting footnote: the #46 had a wicked spine roll which I had expertly pressed by Kenny way back in the day.)

This is unacceptable. Based on your recent posts, you are going to have to change your board name to "Six Point Five."

Right? I used to be fine with .5s, but I've gotten pickier over the years! I definitely blame you guys. lol

Here's two fave GA Batmans I maybe haven't posted, or haven't posted in a long while at any rate! Unusually nice ones for me.

(Interesting footnote: the #46 had a wicked spine roll which I had expertly pressed by Kenny way back in the day.)

bat44.jpg

bat46new.jpg

Bats 44 love

Here a few pictures of some books I recently acquired (any "sleeper" books in here?

The Mister Mystery #1 should fetch a pretty penny.

Thanks. I'll have to post a few of these as hi-res scans as the condition is remarkable for their age, VF range, some higher some lower but not by much...

GreatComics003_zps5m1nujtn.jpg

Easily one of the top five Hitler covers and a very tough book.

To me it is, cover to cover, the best golden age comic book of all time. I know that sounds like lofty praise but it was my grail book for years until Metro found me a nice copy in the late eighties (for $300!). And it is still my favorite. Obviously the front cover is outstanding. The Futuro story is killer. The Lost World chapter is incredible. And as an added bonus...the back cover is the single greatest back cover ever (someone just try to refute that claim)...

great3bc.jpg

To me it is, cover to cover, the best golden age comic book of all time. I know that sounds like lofty praise but it was my grail book for years until Metro found me a nice copy in the late eighties (for $300!). And it is still my favorite. Obviously the front cover is outstanding. The Futuro story is killer. The Lost World chapter is incredible. And as an added bonus...the back cover is the single greatest back cover ever (someone just try to refute that claim)...

great3bc.jpg

I just recently tracked down a copy and paid a small multiple of what you paid (hardy har har!)

I wonder if the William Boyd who starred in that film is the same guy who later played Hopalong Cassidy? hm

great3bc.jpg

It has competition from the foot fungus ad.

great3bc.jpg

I just recently tracked down a copy and paid a small multiple of what you paid (hardy har har!)

I wonder if the William Boyd who starred in that film is the same guy who later played Hopalong Cassidy? hm

I'm pretty sure it's a different guy. Hopalong Cassidy was pretty well established in the '30s and I don't think that William Boyd could get away with playing anything other than Hoppy during the war.