• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Superman and Batman books will always be the core of my collection, but I'm trying to branch out and be more inclusive of other genres. When Dr. Love showed off his romance books at the Golden Age get-together in San Diego, I realized that there were some very cool covers. Since then I've picked up three.

Superman and Batman books will always be the core of my collection, but I'm trying to branch out and be more inclusive of other genres. When Dr. Love showed off his romance books at the Golden Age get-together in San Diego, I realized that there were some very cool covers. Since then I've picked up three.
Nothing wrong with a little diversity in a collection. Nice acquisition (thumbs u

You've caught it and it's gone viral :o

I think that is very cool Jeff. Dr. Love showed a lot of passion and enthusiasm for the genre, and apparently it was contagious :)

Congrats!

I think that is very cool Jeff. Dr. Love showed a lot of unholy passion and enthusiasm for the genre, and apparently it was contagious :)

Congrats!

Fixed that for you. (Telerites got in first with the unholies but anyway)

Anybody know that story?

I just got these back from CGC. The Catman 25 is the Selkirk copy (which I've posted before raw).

The New Funnies 72 looks nicer than the one 9.6 I saw online some time ago, but the grade is probably accurate. The 9.6 was probably a little over-graded.

149335.jpg.db0fdbbd04939dd667f6e069e5391cfa.jpg

149336.jpg.8cac3c7be5db6311ab5d7721874e9309.jpg

149337.jpg.163b9937eacb61f4026615503ca815fe.jpg

149338.jpg.ab56954e9326a6b43741e3a449bb545e.jpg

Here is my earliest Batman. Can't afford uber HG copies but I found this copy at a show in Long Beach, Calif. back in 2010. Bought it slabbed from Graham Crackers who was kind enough to sell it to me at under the OSPG price guide value.

Batman18_zps160a6ca7.jpg

That's a beauty. You lucked out.

Here is my earliest Batman. Can't afford uber HG copies but I found this copy at a show in Long Beach, Calif. back in 2010. Bought it slabbed from Graham Crackers who was kind enough to sell it to me at under the OSPG price guide value.

Batman18_zps160a6ca7.jpg

That's a beauty. You lucked out.

Agreed. That is a fantastic copy of a great book :applause: