• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Lovely stuff. I love that you crack them out but for resub purposes?

It is hard to post anything about CGC cases right now without folks finding all kinds of hidden meaning in every word. Let's just say that for the time being I am having a lot of fun cracking books out of every kind of holder; new, old, voldemort, all of them.

Your collection raw?

Nerdvana :luhv:

It is hard to post anything about CGC cases right now without folks finding all kinds of hidden meaning in every word. Let's just say that for the time being I am having a lot of fun cracking books out of every kind of holder; new, old, voldemort, all of them.

Your collection raw?

He could be sitting on a fortune in slightly used Barex. hm

Your collection raw?

You need to visit soon. The cats miss you.

Your collection raw?

You need to visit soon. The cats miss you.

hm It's been a while. And I could use some of that killer Korean BBQ.

Cracking out books is my favorite sport.

Ken

Cracking out books is my favorite sport.

Ken

...there's nothing quite like an exceptional copy with two fullbacks in a Mylar that's new :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

... a clear Lucite backing board is even better.....

Careful. Keep going down this road and people will accuse you of being smug. :baiting:

Careful. Keep going down this road and people will accuse you of being smug. :baiting:

As smug as you? I'll take it (thumbs u

I just cracked these out. No pictures of them raw yet, but they look pretty cool roaming free in their native habitat.

morefun63.jpg

morefun66.jpg

morefun70.jpg

morefun76.jpg

A stray thought occurred to me (I'm sure others have had it as well, but I can't recall seeing it discussed): I wonder what fraction of Church books have actually been read? Not opened and flipped through or had their pages counted, but actually read?

Edgar, of course, is thought to have read very few of his books.

If Richard reads these copies, will he be the first person to ever do so?

You're not there yet, rookie.

You're not there yet, rookie.

October's smug goes to 11 (worship)

I didn't mean to imply that I was searching for a hidden meaning it just struck me as curious. I guess I'm use to seeing you grade books that you held raw for years so this was interesting especially with $20k books. I'm all for it as I cracked out my whole high grade SA/BA collection of mostly pedigree books and I loved seeing them in mylars, I really hate slabs in general. Anyways, I love your taste in books.

I didn't mean to imply that I was searching for a hidden meaning it just struck me as curious. I guess I'm use to seeing you grade books that you held raw for years so this was interesting especially with $20k books. I'm all for it as I cracked out my whole high grade SA/BA collection of mostly pedigree books and I loved seeing them in mylars, I really hate slabs in general. Anyways, I love your taste in books.

A panoramic shot of a few of the recent crack-outs...

A panoramic shot of a few of the recent crack-outs...

Great books Richard!