• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Real collectors don't bag and board their books -- they leave them out loose and fancy free. Or put them on spinner racks. :sumo:

No bags :gossip:

Dell_Rack.jpg

Now that is how it should be done! :applause:

Real collectors don't bag and board their books -- they leave them out loose and fancy free. Or put them on spinner racks. :sumo:

Dell_Rack.jpg

Sold out of Tom Corbett............. again.................... :sorry: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Dell_Rack.jpg

Sold out of Tom Corbett............. again.................... :sorry: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

We just reordered the newest Tom Corbett. Hopefully the distributor has some. :wishluck:

Lovely stuff. I love that you crack them out but for resub purposes?

It is hard to post anything about CGC cases right now without folks finding all kinds of hidden meaning in every word. Let's just say that for the time being I am having a lot of fun cracking books out of every kind of holder; new, old, voldemort, all of them.

I didn't mean to imply that I was searching for a hidden meaning it just struck me as curious. I guess I'm use to seeing you grade books that you held raw for years so this was interesting especially with $20k books. I'm all for it as I cracked out my whole high grade SA/BA collection of mostly pedigree books and I loved seeing them in mylars, I really hate slabs in general. Anyways, I love your taste in books.

A panoramic shot of a few of the recent crack-outs...

:applause:(worship)

This may be the start of a healthy new trend, or you may wake up after this binge and you may ask yourself...

Same as it ever was...

This may be the start of a healthy new trend, or you may wake up after this binge and you may ask yourself...

Same as it ever was...

And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful copy of Action 1 ....

It is hard to post anything about CGC cases right now without folks finding all kinds of hidden meaning in every word. Let's just say that for the time being I am having a lot of fun cracking books out of every kind of holder; new, old, voldemort, all of them.

I didn't mean to imply that I was searching for a hidden meaning it just struck me as curious. I guess I'm use to seeing you grade books that you held raw for years so this was interesting especially with $20k books. I'm all for it as I cracked out my whole high grade SA/BA collection of mostly pedigree books and I loved seeing them in mylars, I really hate slabs in general. Anyways, I love your taste in books.

balls.jpg

We do what we can. Free the Frisky Fables.

And vaya con dios Jeff, wherever you are. A little piece of cheetah lives on in many of our collections. So glad this book is in mine!

FriskyFablesV12fc_zpsrxrz1hvi.jpg

Cracked out of the new slabs? hm

Yeh - not that it looked bad. On the contrary - newton's were minimal, and no waviness. A poster child for the new slab. But I had lingering queasiness, this will never be sold, and I've never seen the inside of this or any other Frisky. Shoot, if Mr. B can take the plunge into the deep end I'll jump in the wading pool, what the heck.

Yeh - not that it looked bad. On the contrary - newton's were minimal, and no waviness. A poster child for the new slab. But I had lingering queasiness, this will never be sold, and I've never seen the inside of this or any other Frisky. Shoot, if Mr. B can take the plunge into the deep end I'll jump in the wading pool, what the heck.

Difficulty of cracking a book out of a new slab without damaging the book makes me kind of queasy, though ....

You do have to be real careful and deliberate on inserting whatever tool you're going to use and make sure it stays right inside the edge with a quick rotation of the wrist. It will only crack an inch or so at a time and I go from one side to the other and work it down to the bottom. If I can do it anybody can.

I got 100X more uneasy cutting a book out of the old inner well. And that's with a sharp paper trimmer. You guys using an x-acto knife? Nerves of steel.

And vaya con dios Jeff, wherever you are. A little piece of cheetah lives on in many of our collections. So glad this book is in mine!

Love this book, awesome!

Whooa Doc. That might be the whitest cover I have ever seen on a GA book. Is it as pedigree?

balls.jpg

Looks like Richard has old man Balls :roflmao: Oh i get it Balls of steel :acclaim: