• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Lovely stuff. I love that you crack them out but for resub purposes?

It is hard to post anything about CGC cases right now without folks finding all kinds of hidden meaning in every word. Let's just say that for the time being I am having a lot of fun cracking books out of every kind of holder; new, old, voldemort, all of them.

I didn't mean to imply that I was searching for a hidden meaning it just struck me as curious. I guess I'm use to seeing you grade books that you held raw for years so this was interesting especially with $20k books. I'm all for it as I cracked out my whole high grade SA/BA collection of mostly pedigree books and I loved seeing them in mylars, I really hate slabs in general. Anyways, I love your taste in books.

A panoramic shot of a few of the recent crack-outs...

Nice!

It is hard to post anything about CGC cases right now without folks finding all kinds of hidden meaning in every word. Let's just say that for the time being I am having a lot of fun cracking books out of every kind of holder; new, old, voldemort, all of them.

I didn't mean to imply that I was searching for a hidden meaning it just struck me as curious. I guess I'm use to seeing you grade books that you held raw for years so this was interesting especially with $20k books. I'm all for it as I cracked out my whole high grade SA/BA collection of mostly pedigree books and I loved seeing them in mylars, I really hate slabs in general. Anyways, I love your taste in books.

Holy crepe. You just made me feel like a kid again.

Meaning I just soiled myself.

That Marvel #4 has been the apple of my eye in your collection since I first found out you owned it. What a gem. :cloud9:

:o

(worship)

Agreed. Richard has finally come to his senses.

The only books i haven't cracked out were comics that were prohibitively expensive and I needed to keep them liquid in case I needed to sell.

There's nothing better than holding a raw GA 'fatty' IMO.

Holy crepe. You just made me feel like a kid again.

Meaning I just soiled myself.

That Marvel #4 has been the apple of my eye in your collection since I first found out you owned it. What a gem. :cloud9:

I always knew the Marvel 4 was the Olshevsky/Chicago but it wasn't labeled that way. It is pretty cool seeing the coding on the interior ending in "mint".

(worship)

+ 1

Loved the cracking video as well. I was about to ask how careful you have to be with uber-high graded books. I always have a heck of time liberating them from the inside sleeve but now that I saw you with the new design with "unprotected" books inside, that might be even scarier!

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

What grade was the MMC #4?

Actually, it no longer has a grade....... it simply is................. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Very Zen! (worship)

:preach:

..... it produces the sound of one hand clapping...... when no one is around to hear ........ but man, is it pretty, in all it's fullbackness :cloud9: . GOD BLESS...

Actually, it no longer has a grade....... it simply is................. GOD BLESS....

Very Zen! (worship)

:preach:

..... it produces the sound of one hand clapping...... when no one is around to hear ........ but man, is it pretty, in all it's fullbackness :cloud9: . GOD BLESS...

Real collectors don't bag and board their books -- they leave them out loose and fancy free. Or put them on spinner racks. :sumo:

Real collectors don't bag and board their books -- they leave them out loose and fancy free. Or put them on spinner racks. :sumo:

No bags :gossip:

Dell_Rack.jpg