• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

I was very happy to get this one. One of my favorite Golden Age books.

Single%20Series%2020_zpsn7tdczoa.jpg

Inside front cover with a photo of ERB. (Excuse the lighting/shadows on the interior pics).

Single%20Series%2020%20Inside%20Front%20Cover_zpsirvjhdjy.jpg

The book covers the Egyptian story line from the Sunday pages. I loved it.

Single%20Series%2020%20Page-1_zpsghxffnst.jpg

So nice!

From which year?

This is such a cool GA cover. Kind of underrated, I think.

be451ff4-2a5e-4d3d-86ae-4ddd3ae00b98_zpst4qxdm0x.jpg

Very cool.

.... is that the one you snagged on the boards a while back, Tony ? I've got a soft spot for the 1940-1941 Populars.... awesome covers and the art inside is pretty good. That cover actually depicts the story inside, which isn't always the case with GA books. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yep, it was purchased raw on the boards. Somehow I forgot to note down the who, the when, and the how much. hm

Hi everyone, my very first post in this thread-- i'm new to the world of GA books, but i'm enjoying learning more about them and starting a little collection of my own! I was urged by my friend Gino to share the contents of my mailbox today, so here they are!!

ezjvy0.jpg

jube2r.jpg

But my personal favorite, look at the lovely condition and VIBRANT colors!!?

212fsjp.jpg

Fiction House are great starter books for a collection, being very cool in their own right.

Are you planning on branching out to other publishers, or mainly focusing on FH?

Well, I dont think I'll limit myself to just FH, but I did some research on the publishers and books and really find FH appealing. There are so many cool Wings and Planet covers. I also bought myself a graded Planet Comics #50, it's on its way to me from Canada currently, but i'll share a pic when it arrives. :) I like and have been tracking some Zoot books, so perhaps I'll wander into Fox territory soon!

Bravo CQ!!! :applause: Welcome to the GA where the real magic happens and purses/wallets are emptied on the pursuit of happiness regularly lol I've never enjoyed collecting as much as i have since i discovered this era of books. A lot of very knowleadgable and passionate folks over here many of which have helped mold and influence the hobby into the juggernaut that it is today!! Have fun and cool books!!

Single%20Series%2020_zpsn7tdczoa.jpg

So nice!

From which year?

Thanks and it came out in 1940.

One of the great GA books, imo.

Which was the first publication of Tarzan in comic books (even if reprinted from the newspaper strips)?

This (from 1939) is one of the earliest italian Tarzan comics, it should be the first in comic book form, and from an italian artist (I believe it adapts one of the movies).

Previously Tarzan appeared only serialized in comics journals here. :)

bKGrEHLh.jpg

7JenIl2h.jpg

And while I am at it… (these are all post war books, from 1946 onwards, and mostly reprint stories which were originally serialized in the 1930s in journals, with custom covers):

VGHA3Wmm.jpg JPOrkbym.jpg WveTHstm.jpg

ke3oiY1m.jpg uKEw4gjm.jpg 5HiMYVbm.jpg b8fP5fxm.jpg PzUlqp7m.jpg

These look great. The guy on the cover of the bottom row of books seems to be the same one on the covers of the 1940 Future Comics issues.

Also, the earliest comic with Tarzan in it that I'm aware of is Tip Top #1 (1936).

These look great. The guy on the cover of the bottom row of books seems to be the same one on the covers of the 1940 Future Comics issues.

It is. It’s Rebo, saturnian villain from the "Saturn vs. the Earth" long series, which is one of the few italian comics translated and presented in USA at the time.

This series reprints the various episodes in their entirety (albeit in black and white and small format compared to the wonderful large pages on the journals).

The few pages in "Future Comics" are from the first episode, the one you see at the far right. :)