• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Fiction House are great starter books for a collection, being very cool in their own right.

Are you planning on branching out to other publishers, or mainly focusing on FH?

Well, I dont think I'll limit myself to just FH, but I did some research on the publishers and books and really find FH appealing. There are so many cool Wings and Planet covers. I also bought myself a graded Planet Comics #50, it's on its way to me from Canada currently, but i'll share a pic when it arrives. :) I like and have been tracking some Zoot books, so perhaps I'll wander into Fox territory soon!

You are starting out almost exactly how I did. I think Planet Comics are super addictive. Rangers and Fight are pretty great too. Jo-Jo and Zoot have great interior art. Welcome to the good stuff!

Phantom Lady is straight up awesome (and the prices reflect that). So much great stuff out there and this is the place to find it and share it. :headbang:

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Wonderful book Gino! I just love that part of the run. You get the Spectre,Dr.Fate,Green Arrow and Aquaman stories all inside! If I was a kid in the 40s,I would've thought it was a bargain for one thin dime!

Way to go.. :headbang:

I've admired these ever since the Gerbers came out, and now, since I was turned on to www.comicbooksplus.com I can see what is actually inside them.... which just made me want them more. This # 3 is chock full of Phil Bard.... the poor man's S&K, and the # 1, which I still need, is loaded with one of my new favorite artists, Charles Sultan. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

2McfCMy.jpg

I've admired these ever since the Gerbers came out, and now, since I was turned on to www.comicbooksplus.com I can see what is actually inside them.... which just made me want them more. This # 3 is chock full of Phil Bard.... the poor man's S&K, and the # 1, which I still need, is loaded with one of my new favorite artists, Charles Sultan. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

2McfCMy.jpg

Nice Jimbo. I grabbed one of these myself off the boards just a little while ago:

mm3fix-728x1024.jpg