• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2017 at 3:02 AM, cmcfan said:

This isn't an auction win but a book I just found in the "wild" and got back last week.  Really excited about it. 

tec_31%202.jpg

Sort of like finding an ivory-billed woodpecker or the fabled unicorn "in the wild," except it was actually Tec 31. Not a bad way to open the hunting season.

On 5/5/2017 at 10:03 AM, Jayman said:

Well that IS one wild book! ^^

Yes, do tell the story if possible...

+1

Would love to hear how you found it "in the wild"!

:golfclap:

On 5/4/2017 at 9:02 PM, cmcfan said:

This isn't an auction win but a book I just found in the "wild" and got back last week.  Really excited about it. 

tec_31%202.jpg

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! Only practically the greatest cover of All time!!! What a find J!!!!! 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:43 PM, BOOT said:

+1

Would love to hear how you found it "in the wild"!

:golfclap:

The story is a little more in depth but I'll disclose what I can.  It came from a collector who stopped collecting in 2006, he had purchased an original owner collection of Batman books and had them graded, this was one of the books I bought along with a few others but nothing as significant as the Tec 31.  I still paid aggressively, but it did get a significant bump in grade so extremely happy for what I paid.  Really is a sharp looking copy.  Now it disappears for 20 years into a safety deposit box where I will visit it once a year on our anniversary.:smile:

10 hours ago, cmcfan said:

The story is a little more in depth but I'll disclose what I can.  It came from a collector who stopped collecting in 2006, he had purchased an original owner collection of Batman books and had them graded, this was one of the books I bought along with a few others but nothing as significant as the Tec 31.  I still paid aggressively, but it did get a significant bump in grade so extremely happy for what I paid.  Really is a sharp looking copy.  Now it disappears for 20 years into a safety deposit box where I will visit it once a year on our anniversary.:smile:

Insane book. Congrats. Beautiful looking for the grade too. 

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hard to follow that awsome Tec #31. I just added a couple new Sensations to the junk pile recently. Sadly the #6 is only a set of covers. I need to find a coverless copy to match up with it.

comsensation26_zpscrzkuexp.jpg

comsensation6_zpstwx20jbt.jpg

There's a 4.0 for sale on the boards right now. You can just place it on top of that one and have a double cover. :smile:

Edited by cmcfan

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Hard to follow that awsome Tec #31. I just added a couple new Sensations to the junk pile recently. Sadly the #6 is only a set of covers. I need to find a coverless copy to match up with it.

comsensation26_zpscrzkuexp.jpg

comsensation6_zpstwx20jbt.jpg

Don't forget the I wanna get married thread....worth a shot!

16 minutes ago, walclark said:

Had a box of stuff come back from CGC yesterday.  A few highlights:

atomicwar4.jpg

headline1.jpg

donwinslow10.jpg

supermysteryv33.jpg

:golfclap:nice! You and I have a lot of the same tastes. 'Headline' has some amazing junior Rangers war  covers outside of #8 and #11. They are really TOUGH though. I'm two books away from the subset of early Rangers covers I want. I've since abandoned chasing the fore mentioned other two though. 

22 minutes ago, sagii said:

:golfclap:nice! You and I have a lot of the same tastes. 'Headline' has some amazing junior Rangers war  covers outside of #8 and #11. They are really TOUGH though. I'm two books away from the subset of early Rangers covers I want. I've since abandoned chasing the fore mentioned other two though. 

You and I do share many similar comic book interests.  SO QUIT BUYING ALL THE COMICS I WANT! :pullhair:

2 hours ago, walclark said:
3 hours ago, sagii said:

You and I do share many similar comic book interests.  SO QUIT BUYING ALL THE COMICS I WANT! :pullhair:

Once he's finished with the Berk auction, he won't have enough dough left to buy anything! :)

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Once he's finished with the Berk auction, he won't have enough dough left to buy anything! :)

Are you talking about him or me?  Doesn't matter.  Both would probably be the correct answer.  In preparation, I'm stockpiling instant ramen.

Just now, walclark said:

Are you talking about him or me?  Doesn't matter.  Both would probably be the correct answer.  In preparation, I'm stockpiling instant ramen.

You know you can save a little on the water bill if you eat them straight out of the package. :)