• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I really wanted the raw copy that came up this weekend but settled for this.  

IMG_4294.PNG

Super nice Rick! Such a "short"knife for such a big job...???

47 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Cool book.  I wonder if the conservation might be removable, if you had a mind to do so?

Thanks , they told me its removable ; (spine re inforcement with paper)  but i am still not 100% sure if i want to do it , i will leave it like this for now

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 5/24/2017 at 4:39 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

My TEC just arrived

Kxw9X2Lh.jpg

On 5/24/2017 at 6:28 PM, Sqeggs said:

Cool book.  I wonder if the conservation might be removable, if you had a mind to do so?

23 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Thanks , they told me its removable ; (spine re inforcement with paper)  but i am still not 100% sure if i want to do it , i will leave it like this for now

Great looking book! Here's my universal grade 6.0 -- in some ways yours looks better, which just goes to show you that the grading ain't everything.

lf.thumb.jpeg.ceef8c33fc74de100c9d6aed41da2b87.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Great looking book! Here's my universal grade 6.0 -- in some ways yours looks better, which just goes to show you that the grading ain't everything.

lf.thumb.jpeg.ceef8c33fc74de100c9d6aed41da2b87.jpeg

Loks very nice too, my fear is; how the book will look after the removal ?. If it looks good i should leave the reinforcement  , i dont have the plan to sell it 

1 hour ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Loks very nice too, my fear is; how the book will look after the removal ?. If it looks good i should leave the reinforcement  , i dont have the plan to sell it 

If you have no plan to sell it, at least anytime soon, I would say (1) no need to remove the restoration, and (2) take it out of the plastic slab and read the first Joker story to appear in Detective Comics!!!

Then tuck into a 1-mil Mylar, and then tuck that into a 4-mil Mylar, and the book will look even nicer than inside the slab.

2 hours ago, Ltpink2002 said:

Just arrived:

WhizComics019.1.thumb.jpg.0b828649451b8421fe666e7ec4ed9914.jpg

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I like it.  So many great shark wresting GA covers.  Should be its own thread.  

"No shark was actually hurt in the rendering of this scene, and any relation to living or deceased comic book sharks is purely coincidental."