• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,384 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

It always amazes me how great Church books are in person.

This finally showed up today. I said I would post it again when it came in. 

fc.jpg

Stunning Rick - the Larson is a 9.2 white, and there's even a 9.6 (Allentown?).

Such a great book! :applause:

On 7/27/2017 at 9:00 AM, jimjum12 said:

The Dentist has the Mile High..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah, but he likes to read it a lot, so it's only a GD/VG at this point. :insane:

31 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Castigate me over this one if you must, but my quest to secure all the 1950s DC No. 1s goes on!

RAD64C622017712_141227.jpg

..... I think that's a pretty challenging and commendable undertaking ...... and I suppose I might as well be the first .....Why the "F" is that only a 2.0 ? GOD BLESS....

1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:
36 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Castigate me over this one if you must, but my quest to secure all the 1950s DC No. 1s goes on!

RAD64C622017712_141227.jpg

..... I think that's a pretty challenging and commendable undertaking ...... and I suppose I might as well be the first .....Why the "F" is that only a 2.0 ? GOD BLESS....

Does look awfully nice, doesn't it?  My guess is that whoever submitted it for grading was expecting a better outcome.  I suppose that I could buy the grading notes. hm

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Does look awfully nice, doesn't it?  My guess is that whoever submitted it for grading was expecting a better outcome.  I suppose that I could buy the grading notes. hm

Either way, it should help to cleanse some of those vulgar Matt Baker images from your mind :baiting: GOD BLESS...

10 hours ago, Jayman said:

Sylvester & Tweety knockoff? hm

That would be my guess.  The label indicates that they were in Columbia shorts, but I can't recall ever having seen any. 

it was the last book in a small collection an older fellow [yes, g.a.tor, older than me] had, and his only slabbed book.  it was his favorite cover, explaining why it was the last book he kept.  he loved it so much that back in '07 he got a local artist [identity unknown to me] to do an oil painting reproduction.  with the book gone, he didn't want the painting anymore, so it was thrown into the deal.  not great art, but pretty darn cool, especially cuz of the story,

IMG_3881.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

it was the last book in a small collection an older fellow [yes, g.a.tor, older than me] had, and his only slabbed book.  it was his favorite cover, explaining why it was the last book he kept.  he loved it so much that back in '07 he got a local artist [identity unknown to me] to do an oil painting reproduction.  with the book gone, he didn't want the painting anymore, so it was thrown into the deal.  not great art, but pretty darn cool, especially cuz of the story,

IMG_3881.jpg

More technique than a Blue Dog.

6 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

not what i collect, but it walked into the local coin shop i used to do my commemorative collecting thru, and he gave me a call.  i couldn't say no.

IMG_3880.jpg

Neat find.  Unless it's reflections on the slab, looks like that one is in serious need of a press. 

If you're trying to keep you identity secret, should you be signing as Clark Kent and including (Superman) under the signature just to make sure there's no confusion as to who you are? hm