• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,384 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Squeggs , do you have a Showcase #1 yet

on my bucket list..... along with 2 and 3 some day .....:cloud9:

forget #4

Nope.  Still need to get a copy of that one. 

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Church copy of Sunny 13- My first raw Mile High :cloud9: and it is a Feldstein classic!! It is not one of those 9.4 Church copies but I will take it. 

Pretty freaking excited! :banana: I don't get that butterflies feeling too often anymore but this one did it. (No, it will not be in a sales thread (tsk)) Part of a trade with a fellow boardie. 

IMG_6181.JPG

IMG_6184.JPG

Nothing like a naked Church book. I have quite a few I bought direct from Chuckie a million years ago raw. Just can't bring myself to slab them. Does yours have "the smell"? Hang on to that one...

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nothing like a naked Church book. I have quite a few I bought direct from Chuckie a million years ago raw. Just can't bring myself to slab them. Does yours have "the smell"? Hang on to that one...

First time I smelled one but kind of like pine or something. Definitely a different smell. 

Bunch of nice covers.  Don't often see copies of Crown 9. 

Edited to add:  This comment was in reference to Entalmighty1's post.

Edited by Sqeggs

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Church copy of Sunny 13- My first raw Mile High :cloud9: and it is a Feldstein classic!! It is not one of those 9.4 Church copies but I will take it. 

Pretty freaking excited! :banana: I don't get that butterflies feeling too often anymore but this one did it. (No, it will not be in a sales thread (tsk)) Part of a trade with a fellow boardie. 

IMG_6181.JPG

IMG_6184.JPG

Great book.  Doesn't seem to be on Chuck's list (none of the four issues of Sunny are). 

1 minute ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Great book.  Doesn't seem to be on Chuck's list (none of the four issues of Sunny are). 

It was sold in HA as Church copy in 2006. 

Ah, ok, a John McLaughlin book.  I know he scooped up some romance/teen humor books (among others) prior to Chuck doing the catalog.

Might be worth bringing the HA listing to the attention of the CGC graders if you ever send it in.

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Ah, ok, a John McLaughlin book.  I know he scooped up some romance/teen humor books (among others) prior to Chuck doing the catalog.

Might be worth bringing the HA listing to the attention of the CGC graders if you ever send it in.

I see it is a different book than the HA listing. I traded with a reputable source. We will see.