• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, szavisca said:

That was my immediate reaction too...still as one of those comics that couldn't be published today without parental protests and threats of boycotts over the insensitivity etc... I had to get myself one.  In a way one could argue a story like this is more taboo now in American culture...than graphic slasher horror zombie junk or even overtly sexual stuff.

I completely understand. I just nabbed a reader copy on eBay:bigsmile:

2 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

only 2 s.d. pick-ups, as jon's books have me kinda tapped, but I do like 'em very much.

nickel4.jpg

Whoa, how did I miss a Larson!? I have the Larson Nickel Comics 2 and 7.

It was great to finally meet you at SDCC Billy. :foryou:

On 7/24/2017 at 11:02 AM, sacentaur said:

SDCC pick-up and it's Holy Grail time as I NEVER thought I'd be able to own an acceptable copy of this book. The third ever published DC comic, the first science-fiction cover in comics, and while this copy certainly has its share of problems it is unrestored and has off-white pages. I couldn't be happier!

NEWFUN3.png

Fantastic pick up Steve!!  I have always loved this multi-panel sci-fi cover.  I hope one day I can get down to LA again and paw through your copy.  Hopes of owning a copy are, as you alluded to, are scarce! 

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

That's all? Only one book? I guess sales must have tanked...hm

Dismal

24 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

My only San Diego pick up is also, like Steve's New Fun, an early DC sci-fi cover...

action12.jpg

Saw it in person after he picked it up - Game, Set, and Match to Mr. Bedrock! 

19 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

My only San Diego pick up is also, like Steve's New Fun, an early DC sci-fi cover...

action12.jpg

Wunderbar! 

Is there a raw copy out there that's thought to have a higher grade? 

19 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

action12.jpg

This is so awesome.  I believe this is the first time DC put the Superman-bustin-chains circle image on a cover.  A much repeated theme (#14 and then #16 up).