• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Very pleased with this one.  Next highest on the census is only a 4.5, which surprises me.

2017-09-08-0002_zpsvlsclig7.jpg

...Is that red ...or some strange new hybrid of red that can't be fully comprehended by the human mind ?..............wow................ GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

Spectacular.  I've never seen a copy of that issue in anything close to that condition.  Where did you find it?

It was part of a small attic find (1936-1938) back East last year that ended up with SuperWorld Ted (my raw MF 14 and CGC 7.5 NA 13 are from the same source).

16 hours ago, sacentaur said:
17 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Spectacular.  I've never seen a copy of that issue in anything close to that condition.  Where did you find it?

It was part of a small attic find (1936-1938) back East last year that ended up with SuperWorld Ted (my raw MF 14 and CGC 7.5 NA 13 are from the same source).

Shows you that there are still OO early GA books out there, even at this late date.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, Sqeggs said:

Bought deslabbed from a great boardie.  Finally got around to submitting and I'm please with the results.  Kudos to CCS:  There was some pencil arithmetic work on the cover.  They removed it and you would never know it was there.

2017-09-08-0001.jpg

wow.  that's not only before Superman.....it's before everybody