• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, fleepunyhumans said:

This may be the wrong forum, so I’ll apologize in advance.  But my question is about all the big books out now that have blue labels, but note “Very small amount of dried glue on spine of cover”.    Isn’t this restoration?  Or has CGC relaxed their standards?

I've found that the proper way to get a reasoned response to that question is to ask it in the sales thread of someone who posts a book with that label notation in the "For Sale" forum.

23 hours ago, batman_fan said:

A bitter sweet addition, really wanted to add the White Mountain 9.0 but too slow on bumping up my max bid but I got the copy.  It is in a steamy creamy holder so can't post the full image.

marvel95trimmed.jpg

Love, love, love that comic 

13 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i picked up an obscure little book off c'connect that i'd never noticed before.  just thought it was awfully cool.

RADF87F220171113_153052.jpg

Look at my Geek buying the Classic Illustrated. Geeks of a feather...

classics4.jpg

22 hours ago, sagii said:

I know sometimes these things fall on deaf ears (sometimes because no one knows, or because some do but are sworn to silence lol )

But i'll put this out there any way: Did a Boardie pick up the Prize Comics #18? 

I did my best, but I knew I was out after the 3k mark.  Hope it went to one of the locals.

21 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I did my best, but I knew I was out after the 3k mark.  Hope it went to one of the locals.

Yes , it jumped in the last day but didn't go up anymore Beyond the winning bid. I was prepared to go up a little higher but my snipe attempt was off by a second. 

Probably would have still been outbid in the end, but I'll never know. 

Oh well, like  @G.A.tor always says cest la vie (hope I spelled that right)lol

Hopefully the results will unearth other copies. :slapfight:

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Yes , it jumped in the last day but didn't go up anymore Beyond the winning bid. I was prepared to go up a little higher but my snipe attempt was off by a second. 

Probably would have still been outbid in the end, but I'll never know. 

Oh well, like  @G.A.tor always says cest la vie (hope I spelled that right)lol

Hopefully the results will unearth other copies. :slapfight:

I'm lucky that I can only afford to be a spectator for most of these books anyway. :banana:

On 11/30/2017 at 10:31 AM, batman_fan said:

I dropped out after throwing in a 3807 bid which didn’t go through because someone else had already outbid me so at least two other people were bidding above me. 

What was the final hammer price? 

Nice pickup. I am a big fan of that issue as well. I managed to pick up a nice copy just months before it popped up on everyone's radar.