• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Most rooms have 4 open walls. In our case there are roughly 2.5 walls of free space as one wall has a closet and the entry door, and another wall has 2 windows.

My question is which do you like better: A) Add your comic books and statues and artwork and action figures all together on the same wall and group maybe by theme (Batman together, Walking Dead together, Alien together, etc.), or B) have a dedicated wall for each "item," such as one wall of just comics and another wall of just statues and/or action figures, and another wall of just artwork such as prints and posters. We have about 5 pieces of artwork of various sizes (some are large like 24" x 36" and some are smaller but all need space to hang), then there are the toys/statues that are smaller than the artwork and fall in the 6" to 18" range (also require some kind of shelving), and lastly about 400 signed and graded comics, which are all the same size and need some type of shelving as well. Maybe you only display a fraction of the books at a time, like 25-50.

We don't want it to look too crowded. There's no wrong answer...just curious which way you would do it if you had the choice. Thank you in advance.

On 12/28/2021 at 6:54 PM, Kerdese said:

I have my first wife-related comic book story. She has asked me to replace all the old boxes with new ones. Her OCD can’t handle the old boxes. 😆 So tomorrow I’ll be buying 10 new boxes, if my store has that many. 

5EBB71AC-BF02-45FA-847B-21009B61E0B2.jpeg

I don't see that as unreasonable....old boxes do get dingy and gross and if you have nice shelving and a tidy room can make a big difference!  I have a few old school marvel boxes from the 90s, and plan to get customized short boxes to replace the ones I have at some point....

On 1/5/2022 at 7:02 PM, davebo357 said:

I'd love to get that Jim Lee X-Men box, but I only see it on ebay for $180, so that's a no.  The place I normally get my boxes hasn't had anything new or old in stock since covid came along, but here's my rack as it is now.

20220105_185925.jpg

Kewl Soundwave box. Dig it.

On 1/5/2022 at 7:02 PM, davebo357 said:

I'd love to get that Jim Lee X-Men box, but I only see it on ebay for $180, so that's a no.  The place I normally get my boxes hasn't had anything new or old in stock since covid came along, but here's my rack as it is now.

20220105_185925.jpg

Nice rack! 

Never said that before about comic boxes....

On 12/23/2021 at 3:00 PM, johnenock said:

My modest collection. All DC's!

IMG_0655.thumb.JPG.00fb483e0fd7bce61064a09a38aa2637.JPG

I love this shelf. It's perfect for both storage and display. But also reminds me of a mix between a comic shop shelf and the areas where they would have long boxes to go though. Yet modernized. Too bad the store isn't around anymore. Now I need to find something similar.

On 1/7/2022 at 7:56 AM, spreads said:

For you guys with display cases featuring built-in lighting, is there a certain type of lightbulb you use that will protect your books?  

I used a Feit strip. I don't turn it on often and I rotate my bottom two shelves with different keys.

On 1/7/2022 at 8:24 PM, unclezebo said:

On a serious note.

Smart LED Strip Light

I prefer the individuality addressable Led Tube as I can change areas to accent light or change hue to mood / increase look. 

Not quite as cheap as the led strips, but I like the way these diffuse the light into more even areas.  They can be found in partial, 180, 360 . 20220107_203321.jpg.0dfb9eb288c89047c820bf9bf115c146.jpg