• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2022 at 6:41 PM, flashlites said:

That reminds me to check the humidity in my little comic storage area (don't tell anyone, its the walk in closet. :roflmao:) Maybe someday I will build a Comic Cave!

I live in Montana, which is pretty dry - but I run dehumidifiers in my lower level and always amazed at how much water it pulls from the air (and how much warmer it is when it dries out the air). I am running 50% humidity in the basement, which is apparently what LOC has their environment at.

I have two to cover my basement and they were $100 each (before Covid) and a pretty good investment in peace of mind.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 5/22/2022 at 3:09 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Now that summer is approaching, what is the desired temperature (and humidity) for your comic book room? And if you smoke cigars, are they the same temperature (and humidity)? :) 

I have been doing 65 degrees and 50% humidity. Is it recommended to be even lower than that?

On 5/23/2022 at 10:27 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Just had my Avengers Infinity Quest pinball delivered today and set up in the comic/music room. The repeat playability is insane - I'll be trying to unlock different levels on this game for years.

IMG_7848.JPG

That looks awesome. Who makes it, where did you pick it up?

On 6/4/2022 at 1:01 PM, batman_fan said:

More progress!  They got the entire house sheet rocked in one week.  Not sure how many they had for a crew but I would guess 6-8.  They had 4 in there today doing clean-up to get ready for the next phase (hadn't made it to my room yet).  Still trying to decide my floor.  I was going to just do carpet but now thinking about a rough cut reclaimed wood floor.

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

:flipbait::roflmao: I'm just kidding but lol that is what that looks like to me haha

Will certainly be worth it! And congrats on the new place, and or room! :headbang: 

On 2/4/2022 at 4:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

NewPic.png

I'm a simple man, I see C&H, I like.  I consider that the one essential in any collection.

On 2/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, MattTheDuck said:

The lack of other structures, houses, driveways in the area is certainly attractive.

Yes, no witnesses when I...someone steals the collection.  :shy:  (I'm kidding)

On 4/25/2022 at 1:46 AM, DenisColt said:

I'm french living in Paris

I think this made me the most jealous out of your entire post.  I love visiting Paris.  :x

On 6/4/2022 at 12:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:flipbait::roflmao: I'm just kidding but lol that is what that looks like to me haha

Will certainly be worth it! And congrats on the new place, and or room! :headbang: 

I will post pictures of the whole place but it is way over the top.  We even have a custom dog wash for bathing the puppies.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:16 PM, batman_fan said:

I will post pictures of the whole place but it is way over the top.  We even have a custom dog wash for bathing the puppies.

Awesome, glad your enjoying the process at least :banana:

I'd be like the old Mervins Ad "Open, Open, Open" lol Still fun to see it develop hm

Spoiler

Member This Haha Open GIF - Member This Haha Open Jazz Hands - Discover &  Share GIFs   It's just amazing what sticks in a kids brain, wasn't this commercial the 80's? :roflmao: 

Doesn't it have to be special comic book wood so it doesn't offgas all over your inner well or something?

On 6/4/2022 at 1:01 PM, batman_fan said:

More progress!  They got the entire house sheet rocked in one week.  Not sure how many they had for a crew but I would guess 6-8.  They had 4 in there today doing clean-up to get ready for the next phase (hadn't made it to my room yet).  Still trying to decide my floor.  I was going to just do carpet but now thinking about a rough cut reclaimed wood floor.

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

When the gyp. bd. goes up, you're about half way there.  (thumbsu

On 6/5/2022 at 9:26 PM, batman_fan said:

They were saying tile is 1 month assuming a 4 person crew.  1st floor tile take 3 people per tile, we went with 4ft x 4ft tile with very small grout lines. 

That's pretty big stuff.  We've been using a lot of Italian porcelain tile lately because it presents well, is rectified (so you can do pencil thin grout lines), comes in large formats and is relatively inexpensive.  I love the large format tile but it can be a little susceptible to movement, particularly if you have to notch it around a corner or something.

I usually try to match the grout to the tile as close as possible to further minimize it.  2c

On 6/5/2022 at 9:26 PM, batman_fan said:

They were saying tile is 1 month assuming a 4 person crew.  1st floor tile take 3 people per tile, we went with 4ft x 4ft tile with very small grout lines. 

Also, good to see you have your windows in.  We have a project that's just breaking ground and the windows are now projected to be 39 weeks for delivery!  :tonofbricks:

On 6/5/2022 at 8:34 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Also, good to see you have your windows in.  We have a project that's just breaking ground and the windows are now projected to be 39 weeks for delivery!  :tonofbricks:

It was amazing how much before breaking ground we had to order various stuff.  All the steel beams, plumbing, appliances, windows, and doors were ordered before they broke ground and plumbing fixtures arrive barely in time for the plumbing rough-ins.  Also we broke ground in October last year.  Framing took about 2 months longer than planned because they only had a 3 person crew.