• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2022 at 10:14 AM, CAHokie said:

@ttfitz I’m sure you will understand the color choice. xD

Nice! Is this in the new place?

And I'll excuse the Favre jersey since you have the Montana one....

At some point soon I'll have a new comic room. I'm in the process of getting my house ready to go on the market on June 1st and had to move my collection in advance to my girlfriends house (where I will be moving to late July). Over the past three weeks I've had to schlep 40 long and 15 short boxes. They've gone from the second floor of my house, staged in the first floor, down to the basement, into my car, out to her front steps, and finally into her office/living room. I still will need to move them to the final location up one more flight of stairs, likely in August. lol time to down size my collection or at least move to short boxes.  :wavingwhiteflag:

I do want to rethink my shelving as the wire racks tear the bottom of the long boxes.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:06 PM, universal soldier said:

At some point soon I'll have a new comic room. I'm in the process of getting my house ready to go on the market on June 1st and had to move my collection in advance to my girlfriends house (where I will be moving to late July). Over the past three weeks I've had to schlep 40 long and 15 short boxes. They've gone from the second floor of my house, staged in the first floor, down to the basement, into my car, out to her front steps, and finally into her office/living room. I still will need to move them to the final location up one more flight of stairs, likely in August. lol time to down size my collection or at least move to short boxes.  :wavingwhiteflag:

I do want to rethink my shelving as the wire racks tear the bottom of the long boxes.

In my experience, wire racks will "tear" (dent, imprint on) any soft and heavy material. If I'm able, I avoid them even for short term storage.

If a house move doesn't stimulate you to downsize your collection (if that is your plan), then nothing will!  I've done a good job selling off a lot of what I have (remnants of a 10k comic purchase several years back) knowing that we're thinking of moving in the not too distant future.  I don't want to be logging stuff I don't want to have with me (not a part of my long term collecting PC), nor do I want to be doing a desperate bulk sale at the last minute if I find I'm scrambling to lighten the load...

On 5/21/2022 at 4:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That sunlight though?

Looks great otherwise 😉

Just ordered blinds.  Not much light on that side of the basement anyways.  The wife and I already discussed that.  Thanks for the concern though.  I don't want those sun faded.  😁😁

On 5/21/2022 at 1:56 PM, yogi_bear13 said:

Just ordered blinds.  Not much light on that side of the basement anyways.  The wife and I already discussed that.  Thanks for the concern though.  I don't want those sun faded.  😁😁

You would be surprised how quickly even indirect daylight can fade colors! 

On 5/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Now that summer is approaching, what is the desired temperature (and humidity) for your comic book room? And if you smoke cigars, are they the same temperature (and humidity)? :) 

Right now my collection is at about 67 degree, 30% humidity.  I will probably let it go to 72 but still 30%

On 5/23/2022 at 7:27 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Just had my Avengers Infinity Quest pinball delivered today and set up in the comic/music room. The repeat playability is insane - I'll be trying to unlock different levels on this game for years.

IMG_7848.JPG

That is very cool! (thumbsu