• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone! I put a lot of love into this room. I have no idea what I am going to do when the shelves are full frown.gif I know the day will come and I think talking my wife into a bigger house is probably out of the question for the near future. I guess I should be grateful that I have my own room just for comics!! cloud9.gif

Ah yes.

Now I remember posting that.

The white duct is from our dryer on the other side of the wall.

It is cleaned regularly by me so there's no risk of fire due to lint build-up.

The gray pipe at the top is the duct for our central vac.

Anyway, here's the origin of the Batman pics on our wall.

A few years ago, Risso came out with "Batman Black and White" statues.

Here's a link to the one I wanted here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...hlink:middle:us

Since my LCS already sold their stock at the time, I was too late in getting one.

My fiancee saw the photo of the statue I wanted in the Previews mag so while I was gone away on a business trip to the Carolinas, she hired a professional artist to come into our home and paint this Batman pic on the wall based on the Risso statue. The Bat-Mobile was just a bonus painting based on a photo she found somewhere on the net.

It's a great conversation piece. Most people think it's there for my kids until I set them straight that I'm a bigger kid than my kids!

Ok, so it's not my comics room, but I've shown that one enough already...but it has a comic theme, so bear with me

Last year I finished my little home theater and decided to only use three colors in the entire room. White, black and red.

The room is pitch black most of the time as I only use it to watch movies on a giant screen and play Xbox. Now the last year it's become more and more the place where I also flop down on the couch (red of course) to read a book and basically hide from the rest of the world.

So after a while those all white walls (+ all white ceiling) started to look "too clean" and I wanted to ad something.

First idea was to get a movie themed poster, but all the ones I liked were done to death, plus I wanted to stay with the black/white/red pattern.

So I chose a Spider-man cover. I had a scan from the original cover art (which I believe a forumite owns), cleaned it up in Photoshop, coloured the title red and then blew up the entire piece using pixel magnification to get a Lichtenstein effect.

I then had to print it out on my trusty deskjet printer, 36 pages and three cartridges later I was left with a lot of grainy pages.

Spent a few days cutting everything, matchting everything up and then colouring in the mistakes (still not perfect).

I then glued everything together and put it up on the wall.

It's not perfect, but I'm still amazed what's possible these days with just a basic knowlege of Photoshop and a $50 printer

spidwall1.jpg

it's pretty big, I'm 6ft 2 and it's taller than me, here's the original comic for reference

spidwall2.jpg

Ok, so it's not my comics room, but I've shown that one enough already...but it has a comic theme, so bear with me

Last year I finished my little home theater and decided to only use three colors in the entire room. White, black and red.

The room is pitch black most of the time as I only use it to watch movies on a giant screen and play Xbox. Now the last year it's become more and more the place where I also flop down on the couch (red of course) to read a book and basically hide from the rest of the world.

So after a while those all white walls (+ all white ceiling) started to look "too clean" and I wanted to ad something.

First idea was to get a movie themed poster, but all the ones I liked were done to death, plus I wanted to stay with the black/white/red pattern.

So I chose a Spider-man cover. I had a scan from the original cover art (which I believe a forumite owns), cleaned it up in Photoshop, coloured the title red and then blew up the entire piece using pixel magnification to get a Lichtenstein effect.

I then had to print it out on my trusty deskjet printer, 36 pages and three cartridges later I was left with a lot of grainy pages.

Spent a few days cutting everything, matchting everything up and then colouring in the mistakes (still not perfect).

I then glued everything together and put it up on the wall.

It's not perfect, but I'm still amazed what's possible these days with just a basic knowlege of Photoshop and a $50 printer

spidwall1.jpg

it's pretty big, I'm 6ft 2 and it's taller than me, here's the original comic for reference

spidwall2.jpg

great job!!!! it looks really good in the photos. how much coloring did you have to do?

great job!!!! it looks really good in the photos. how much coloring did you have to do?

No that much...as I used just an everyday printer some of the 36 pages weren't printed perfectly straight, meaning some of the pages didn't line up perfectly.

If there were large areas of black that got seperated by the pages I had to colour (blacken) the white areas so it all looked ok.

Spent maybe 45 minutes touching up various parts. A little line here, a few dots there...

I can imagine if you did a full colour version it would be a lot more work, plus how would you touch up some of the more exotic colours ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No that much...as I used just an everyday printer some of the 36 pages weren't printed perfectly straight, meaning some of the pages didn't line up perfectly.

If there were large areas of black that got seperated by the pages I had to colour (blacken) the white areas so it all looked ok.

Spent maybe 45 minutes touching up various parts. A little line here, a few dots there...

I can imagine if you did a full colour version it would be a lot more work, plus how would you touch up some of the more exotic colours ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

that is amazing!!

the closest i'll get to having my own comic room is a virtual one

Man, you guys are killing me!! Originally, my wife and I planned on liquidating all my collectible assets for a down payment on a home. But after seeing all these inspirational photos of comic (and co.) rooms, I'd rather keep my collection and just continue saving. I don't want plain office walls in the new home!