• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

It seems as though you prefer PGX over CGC. Why?

I actually prefer comics to the holders, but....

Better Holder, and local for me no shipping!

There are tons of threads here on the subject. See the grading thread, many do not feel as I do, but I have done my research and feel confidant in the work.

All of that being said, I like CGC just fine and buy their books as well. Make up your own mind, take a look at all sides, but either one is fine by me.

Paul

My room is a work in progress right now. Still trying to figure out how to properly display my stuff. A few toy scattered about most of which will hopefully be sold. As well as coca cola items. I use to have a "toy" room wall to wall Star Wars, Star trek and everything else sold 99% of it.

ebay2005-1.jpg

ebay2004.jpg

ebay2003-1.jpg

ebay2002-1.jpg

ebay2001-1.jpg

Thanks guys I am still trying to figure out how improve the room I would like to either build a custom shelf system and re-box all the comics into short boxes or get the metal wire shelves. Still have to frame a bunch of art for the other wall. Also thinking of removing the closet doors and making it into some sort of recessed shelf system for my comics. Just have to get rid of all the toys etc in it and the toys out of it.

Hey Marveljunkie!!

How come all the boomerangs around reprints of the Chicago Tribune? You been out thisaway?

Great rooms and I am sooo motivated at the moment.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Those are real Civil War period newspapers. One discusses the Emancipation Proclamation (spelling) by Linlcon and the other has several famous battles. They are interesting to read definitely not politically correct on discriptions of Native Americans and Africian Americians.

I always loved Australia and I found the boomerangs at a local yard sale and thought they would add a little color to the room.

ebay2004.jpg

The real deal Emancipation Proclamations? I am very impressed!

Strangely, I am an American Civil War buff ( I know it is odd - but no queerer than an Agincourt re-enactor or a 1066 enthusiast in the U.S.)

Been to Gettysburg a couple of times and other relevant sites as well. But that's for another time. Don't want to derail the thread.

I got them back when I used to deal in Antiques, before Ebay. From an old library collection which is why they are still so white. Maybe I should have sold you my Civil War sword and Civil War era US Navy Knife.