• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Here's my new comic room which is a work in progress. I plan to build a shelf that goes all the way around the top of the room so I can display statues and action figures.

3727179245_d0d2b05304_b.jpg

3727179441_1789abb707_b.jpg

3727980900_6a8ac263c2_b.jpg

3727179881_196f415a1b_b.jpg

Attack cat guarding my graded books and original art. lol

3727184209_cf60b7af76_b.jpg

good stuff, John.

I have to go ahead and post a tiny heads up. I can contain myself no more!

I told Dave (TheHumanTorch) about this in PM, but I've been completely redoing my comic book room. I would say I'm about 1/2 way there. Maybe 1/3 of the way. I can't wait to post pics when I'm done, and plan on doing a thread full of progress pics so I don't clutter this fine thread with my color swatches and demolition babble. lol

good stuff, John.

I told Dave (TheHumanTorch) about this in PM, but I've been completely redoing my comic book room. I would say I'm about 1/2 way there. Maybe 1/3 of the way. I can't wait to post pics when I'm done, and plan on doing a thread full of progress pics so I don't clutter this fine thread with my color swatches and demolition babble. lol

Can't wait to see some pictures. (thumbs u

I will soon have pictures of my first dedicated comic book room.

good stuff, John.

Can't wait to see some pictures. (thumbs u

I will soon have pictures of my first dedicated comic book room.

:o

Is it a public dedication ceremony?

Why yes. A ribbon cutting ceremony, the mayor of the city will turn over a spade of dirt and the Prime Minister of Canada will drive in the last spike. Tea and crumpets for all.

Then my wife will scream. Why are all these comics in the bathroom? :tonofbricks:

It's not a complete room - But it's my wall... (have to share with the wife and her treadmill and TV :( ) THANKS SEANK FOR THE ASSISTANCE!!!!!!

100_4385.jpg

100_4386.jpg

(worship)

Still my favorite room to look at... but maybe that's just because of my collecting tastes ;)

You should check out the GI Joe diorama Sideshow Collectibles is working towards to producing. Would make a great addition to your wall there.

Nice stuff Doc. Might want to consider painting the frames black?

I could have ordered them black he gives you that option. I thought that having all goldenoak stained oak woodwork in my house that the pine with oak stain would go with the trim better. I agree once I had them up that a darker frame would have made the books look better.

Edited by ComicDoc

I could have ordered them black he gives you that option. I thought that having all goldenoak stained oak woodwork in my house that the pine with oak stain would go with the trim better. I agree once I had them up that a darker frame would have made the books look better.

I have been considering ordering frames from frameitagainsam. Any problems or complaints about the frames?

I have been considering ordering frames from frameitagainsam. Any problems or complaints about the frames?

None, I like how the top of the frame comes off to allow u to put the book inside from the top. There is no disassembling just lift off the top put the book in. For the CGC frames he sends color sheet for back ground color (look at the avengers with purple background). He also sells microchamber sheets pretty cheap compared with others and will cut to the size you request.

I am not sure if he is a board member but he states that he is a comic collector.

I would recommend going to his website and shooting him an email.

None, I like how the top of the frame comes off to allow u to put the book inside from the top. There is no disassembling just lift off the top put the book in. For the CGC frames he sends color sheet for back ground color (look at the avengers with purple background). He also sells microchamber sheets pretty cheap compared with others and will cut to the size you request.

I am not sure if he is a board member but he states that he is a comic collector.

I would recommend going to his website and shooting him an email.

I will second that - I have about 30 of his frames, and just ordered another 6. They're terrific.