• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend a cabinet with drawers that can store raw SA comics? Something inexpensive perhaps from IKEA?

I have about 500 raw comics all in mylars that I would like to remove from long boxes and put them in a cabinet or piece of furniture that has drawers that I can safely store the raw comics.

I appreciate all suggestions.

Thanks

I am planning on using 2 - 4 cube Expedit units in brown black with white magazine drawers for my collection.

Page 80 of the 2011 catalog

That's what I did,easy access,works great.

comicstore3.jpg

Here's the Master of comic shelves. (worship) Chromium a board member.

Thank you to Oakman29 and Chromium for the great ideas. Here is what I spent my afternoon doing. My daughter helped me with the cutting, gluing and even the little Iron Man's on the top of the boxes.

I'm almost done and need 3 more holders to finish holding the rest of my Iron man run and Sgt. Fury run. I'll finish it next weekend.

8c26c4a6.jpg

8c26c4a6.jpg

0b3512cf.jpg

I freakin love it! Thanks!!

Where's your 39?

Hey there Tortoise, the TOS 39 is tucked behind the three standing slabs. The entire TOS run is behind the Avengers 1, 4 and JIM 83.

Iron man 1 and 2 in fortresses, Sgt fury 1, 13 and some raw early raw IM dupes im thinking of selling on the small shelf

Can anyone recommend a cabinet with drawers that can store raw SA comics? Something inexpensive perhaps from IKEA?

I have about 500 raw comics all in mylars that I would like to remove from long boxes and put them in a cabinet or piece of furniture that has drawers that I can safely store the raw comics.

Thanks

I am planning on using 2 - 4 cube Expedit units in brown black with white magazine drawers for my collection.

comicstore3.jpg

Thank you to Oakman29 and Chromium for the great ideas. Here is what I spent my afternoon doing. My daughter helped me with the cutting, gluing and even the little Iron Man's on the top of the boxes.

I'm almost done and need 3 more holders to finish holding the rest of my Iron man run and Sgt. Fury run. I'll finish it next weekend.

8c26c4a6.jpg

8c26c4a6.jpg

0b3512cf.jpg

Where's your 39?

I love it :)

This is my soon to be 7 year old sons room. I know its a horrible pic but the way the lighting is in his room, this was the best i could do.

He basically picks out moderns that he thinks have cool covers and i put them into showcase sealers(i think thats what they were called) that i used to hang books on my wall with 20 years ago. I also usually let him pick out 1 CGC book from each Comiclink auction that he thinks looks cool and isnt too expensive.

darrensroom.jpg

This is my soon to be 7 year old sons room. I know its a horrible pic but the way the lighting is in his room, this was the best i could do.

He basically picks out moderns that he thinks have cool covers and i put them into showcase sealers(i think thats what they were called) that i used to hang books on my wall with 20 years ago. I also usually let him pick out 1 CGC book from each Comiclink auction that he thinks looks cool and isnt too expensive.

darrensroom.jpg

It's way cool that you and your son can share this hobby the way you do. Oh, and the room looks great too :applause:

Thanks

comicstore3.jpg

looks great Mark. Very nice.

darrensroom.jpg

It's way cool that you and your son can share this hobby the way you do. Oh, and the room looks great too :applause:

Great idea..

darrensroom.jpg

I agree! It's very cool to share the hobby with your son!

I wish I had a room like that when I was 7. :headbang:

Thanks all!

It is awesome that he's old enough now and into them so we can share collecting. I haven't had a friend that collected since like grade school and my friends now and wife have about a 30 second attention span if I dare try to talk comics with them. Darren though will talk all day about them. He LOVES collecting and talking comics!

This EXACT scenario takes place about 4 times a week in my house. My 9 year old daughter Ashley will walk by and hear Darren and I talking about comic books....

Ashley- "losers!"

Darren- "shut up Ashley! Daddy's the comic book king not a loser! Right daddy?"

Me- "right!"

Ashley- "losers!!!"

Darren- "shut up Ashley! Daddy has a x-men1! YOU don't have a x-men1 so shut up!

Ashley- "Oh my god!" and rolls her eyes and walks away

It's pretty funny!

lol

Edited by sufunk

lol That's amazing! :grin:

Thanks all!

It is awesome that he's old enough now and into them so we can share collecting. I haven't had a friend that collected since like grade school and my friends now and wife have about a 30 second attention span if I dare try to talk comics with them. Darren though will talk all day about them. He LOVES collecting and talking comics!

This EXACT scenario takes place about 4 times a week in my house. My 9 year old daughter Ashley will walk by and hear Darren and I talking about comic books....

Ashley- "losers!"

Darren- "shut up Ashley! Daddy's the comic book king not a loser! Right daddy?"

Me- "right!"

Ashley- "losers!!!"

Darren- "shut up Ashley! Daddy has a x-men1! YOU don't have a x-men1 so shut up!

Ashley- "Oh my god!" and rolls her eyes and walks away

It's pretty funny!

lol

I have a collection of books , mostly doubles of some bronze age books I have for my son . I show it to him but have not given it to him. I gave him about 200 books (Commons) from the 70's to 90's and he does what your supposed to do with them. Reads the, Brings them with him in his school bag etc. there a mess so I just cant give him $10+ books yet. when hes 14 ish I think he might understand the value of them and then he can do what he likes with them. Its good to have a son who cares about comics as I don t know anyone else who doies ( why i come here). A lonley hobby.

darrensroom.jpg

Very cool. I'm doing this with my stepson - his real dad doesn't do much with him and he's really gotten into comics. Thanks to Silent-Master for my little guys' first CGC 9.8 too!! Now he's got that bug...ugggg...more money to spend!!

darrensroom.jpg

Very cool. I'm doing this with my stepson - his real dad doesn't do much with him and he's really gotten into comics. Thanks to Silent-Master for my little guys' first CGC 9.8 too!! Now he's got that bug...ugggg...more money to spend!!

:applause: (think he would like a GI Joe: Special Missions #2 CGC 9.4SS - signed by Hama and Trimpe??? - I'd be glad to give it to him if he wants it!)

darrensroom.jpg

:applause: (think he would like a GI Joe: Special Missions #2 CGC 9.4SS - signed by Hama and Trimpe??? - I'd be glad to give it to him if he wants it!)

:o:applause: